Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Hello everyone

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm Andy, a 39 year old who's smoked for 19 years. March 3rd will be my 3rd attempt to stop, my most successfull so far was in 1991 when I managed 4 months with out a smoke then one night a series of amazing events put me back in the nasty habbit. I live with elderly parents now one of whom is a chain smoker so the smell is constantly in the house. I'll be using zyban and have just completed the first week of dosage. I've found if I can avoid the first morning smoke I generally do well for the rest of the day. I'm disabled with scoliosis and kyphosis, formerly I was a federal officer working in florida, chicago, indianapolis, and the awesome valley area of ventura county california...I miss newbury park, simi valey, and thousand oaks, I've not been there since 1993. I spend a lot of time at home in front of the computer or watching movies, in warm weather I'm busy in my vegitable garden or in my hamock reading a war novel. I hope to beat the nasty habit this time and never again return to it, it costs too much in money and in health, I already have some issues with copd.
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Andy. I tried to quit a few times myself. This has been my most successful time. I am currently using the patch and have found it to work well for me. My understanding that several attempts to quit may be needed before you're successful and that your chances of quitting successfully increase with each quit attempt. Good luck and keep us posted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$204,430.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 4

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC Cingular. Be sure to check out the program tools to the left. They will help you develop coping plans for when the cravings hit. Take a look around the site. There is a lot of excellent information here. No matter what you are going through you will find you are not alone. Congratulations on your decision to quit and to improve your life. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,891 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $854 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Andy! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,512 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1237.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATULATIONS CINGULAR on your decision to really beat your addiction to cigarettes. This is a tough road but I know you can do it because everyone here will be ready and willing to reach out a helping hand. Since you spend time on your computer just start spending most of it here reading and posting. Hugs, Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1208.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cingular, Welcome to our support community and please take the time to look around. Preparation is the key to a successful quit and the site and its' program can help. Our online members can really make a difference with support and knowledge. Please post and let us know how we can help. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: