Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Day 41 and still have cravings

18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stopped smoking January 16th. The first couple of weeks were not to bad since I am wearing the patch. But as the time goes on the cravings get stronger. Sometime I feel that I am ready to cave in and have a cigarette. When I have a craving, my troat tightens up and I get knots in my stomach. I had this problem the last time I tried to quit, so I am trying to hang in there. Has any one else had the problem where the craviings get stronger instead of weaker as the time goes on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Aubanki, Somewhere between days 40 and 50(actually, I remember Day 47 as being a killer, for no good reason) I actually had the worst cravings of my entire quit. It didn't make much sense, but there they were. Maybe it was the final awareness that this was going to be a lifetime thing. It has been [i]much[/i] better since I got through those days. Today I went shopping and found myself anxious to get out to the car to nibble on my cinnamon stick! Imagine that! Just laugh at those foolish craves and you'll be fine in no time! Lynda D54
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi aubanki, You might consider trading in the patch for some wellbutrin. Maybe the patch is keeping you tied to the cravings. Once you get off the patch (with doctor's advise) you will go through 3 days of withdrawl but, then the only cravings you will have will be psychological and you will handle them better with wellbutrin. You should call your doctor. I have friends who quit using only wellbutrin. They were happy and strong and got through it easily. Wish you good luck.. don't give up !!! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
With u on this one seeing our quit dates are so close to each other. yes i have had a few very strong urges or cravings last while. The thing I recall about mine is they do not last as long thou. try timing your cravings see how long their lasting as compared 2 your first couple of weeks. STAY STRONG WIN THE BATTLE BEAT THE CRAVE. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$45,429.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8849 Hours: 23

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You need a simple check up from the neck up in your thinking. You seem to expect the patch to be a miracle and make things all better. In fact, right between your ears lies the formula for success. It is how you see it. You simply need to reinforce your efforts with things like dangers of smoking, success stories, etc. Having been here for all this time, I cannot recall anyone who said that the cravings get stronger with time. Turn head around and see it as half-full, not half-empty. You can do this...I know it. Congrats, Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1630 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 97,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 336 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$122,658.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8387 Hours: 1

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My daughter had a go round with the symptoms you discribe. She visited a doctor who fortunately understood about quitting smoking....she was put on medication for anxiety for a while and the symptom disappeared....after several months she weaned off the meds. If she becomes extremely upset she sometimes displays this symptom..(her throat tightens and she says she feels discomfort in swallowing) I advise you to see your doctor.....I bet this is related to stress and anxiety, brought on by quitting? congratulations on your quit....hang on for life....most all withdrawal symptoms pass with a little time Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1516 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8338 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 197 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$159,001.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 16

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: