Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

just checking in

18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tim ! Nice story.. glad to hear that you didn't just quit temporarily. But, I would like to add that you shouldn't be an addict always. The desire and whole smoking thing will go away with time. I quit before for about a year and a half. I was completely over smoking and never wanted to smoke and the smell even repelled me. I started back to smoking simply to fit in with a crowd. I had to force myself too. Just stop thinking about cigarettes and act like they were never part of your life. I am doing this now and only 18 days in and I hardly even get cravings anymore. 8 months is so great that I envy you... I would be so happy to be as far in as you.. Don't ever go back for anything or anyone.. Hang Tuff ! Knight Christine at your service (Knights of the empty ashtrays) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thhappyfacegreatjob.gif[/IMG] Tim. You are doing fantastic Cuddles Knight Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tim.. Great to see you again. I often wonder what happen to those of you who disappeared. I remember you going to Alaska. You were supose to come back and let us know about the trip. :p Glad to hear you are doing well. At almost 8 months, it does feel great to be free. One year will be here before you know it! The SMOBERS will celebrate! See you then! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 234 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $819 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i dont get on the net as much as i used to so i am just dropping in to say hello.8 months is quickly approaching for me and i see that some of the people who quit about the same time i did are still regular posters.i also see that alot of new people are here. i want to offer all of you hope in your quit.set your sights on a selfish goal and take off after it. i wanted to go to alaska all of my life and climb some of the mountains and spend time with nature. I quit 3 months before i was to leave and i knew if I smoked i would never make it up to the top.it made my quit easier in the begining and by the time i got back it was just foolish to entertain the idea of having a smoke.dont let me fool you at almost 8 months i still think of smokes daily and crave once in awhile but it gets easier, if i decided i was going to smoke the idea would pass before i could get to the store to buy them. i am an addict, i will always be an addict but i have a new life without nicotine. i hope all of you can feel as good about yourself as i do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,923 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $920 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tim, Great to hear from you again.... Congratulations on 8 mths....keep up the good work :) ~SweetPea~ [IMG]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1693/nonic20067dg.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 174 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,099 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $781.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to see you back, Tim, and hear of your success! I'm sure your quit club buddies will be along soon to say hello. Your mountain story will always be an inspiration to many of us. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 433 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1515.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$54,808.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 6

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tim, Congrats on such a great achievement and thank you for sharing your story. Your reward sounds fantastic and we Hope you are proud! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: