Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,554 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

5 days and counting

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks tls for putting that picture in my head. My kids smoking as a result of picking up my bad habit. I think that should keep me on the right track for a while. Hey redrosie & Kaiser, I can't wait until I'm on my 46th day.What an accomplishment. I just wish I could sleep for a week during this stage. Thanks again and continued success to each and everyone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was so glad to see that someone is exactley where I am. Wow!!! Today is my 5th day & Ohh My GOSHH!!! What is up with the cravings??? I want them to go away NOW!!! I too have 2 kids, 7 & 9 and they would always say when I came back into the house from smoking. "Where were you? What where you doing? I would ignore them & they would give me a huge and I could hear them sniffing to smell if I was "smoking again". Good luck to you too. I hope it continues to get easier.
18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fairy & Yvette keep up the good work, your kids are young so quitting now will greatly reduce the chances of them picking up this gross habit. I smoked for 30 years and both of my kids picked up my horrible habit, do you know how guilty that makes me feel, when your having a bad day try picturing your kids lighting up a cig. maybe that will help. And like everyone has said the cravings do get better you will have good days and bad, the day I signed up on this site I was having a 2 hour obsession instead of a 5 minute craving, and just reading the posting here got me thru it. Keep up the good work!!!!! Teri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $83.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there you guys it gets better. I too am on the patch. I started with 21 mG and am now down to 14mG. Last night was bad and I don't know why. I just wanted a cigarette bad and had trouble shaking the craving. I have an understanding wife who helped me. Today it going fine so far. All in all the patch has helped quite a bit as I have NO will power. I think that what keeps me going is the thought that I would loose the super hero status that my wife has bestowed on me. Stay on the patch and off the smokes!!!!
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I forgot to add my meter. I am proud of it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I have made it 5 days! :) My husband has to. We don't really talk about our "quits" though and I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's easier not to talk about it. I didn't tell my boys that I quit either,(ages 3 & 4)and surprisingly they haven't said a word about it. They sure did when I went outside to smoke though! I sure wish they were older to understand "what I am going through". Maybe it's better this way and they won't even remember that I smoked. The patch is doing wonders for me. However today was by far the hardest day yet. How come we can't just get rid of these #$@#* cravings once and for all? I hate that while doing something I'll say to myself "ok...when I'm done I'll go smoke." I wish we could all just get over these thoughts. I wish everyone goodluck with their quits and stay strong. "There is no pleasure in life equal to that of the conquest of a vicious habit." ;) Serena "fairy" in Wa. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much all of you. I really appreciate it a lot. It truly is this site that keeps me on track. I hope everyone does well over the weekend ;) Serena in WA. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
stay strong, fairy and yvette. the first few days were rough for me, too. i was just a beast to everyone because of the cravings. but they will pass. you're doing great and everyone's here to support you. keep posting and vent all your frustrations here. we're listening and we understand. stay strong! siomarie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there ladies, you're almost to the end of Hell week. It does get better. Love that quote fairy. Unfortunately, too true for most of us. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/w00t.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on still counting. You need to be strong now and focus on your quit. Everything else is secondary. Old nic will start talking to you now.... sometimes screaming.....sometimes whispering. Be strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: