Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

new to the group

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
doodlebug, Whatever it takes to stay smoke free! Stay close to the site, we are all here for you. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am going to a support group February 1 to kick this habit. I want to quit but am afraid of missing the cigarettes. I need some moral support please. Thanks.
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi doodlebug, Welcome. Quitting is hard, but with this site and these people you can do it. We will be here for you. :)[color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $199.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Doodlebug, Congratulations on your decision to quit, your lungs will definately thank you :), you will miss the cigarettes in the beginning, its like ending a really bad relationship that you stay in because its comfortable, but you know it is really bad for you. Just keep in mind that every day that passes does get easier. Good Luck Kitty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Doodlebug....fear is the greatest barrier to a successful quit. Wise words from Golferman and very true......but the greatest help for me came from his signature message...... Knowledge replaces fear. The more you can read and understand about the addiction, the more chance you will give yourself of quitting. Become an expert about nicotine and the effect it has on your body and it will repay you ten-fold. As for support.............you've found it! Brent the mad englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi doodlebug Welcome Carlos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,479 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
doodlebug, Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the SSC. Have we got support here!! We have tons of it! Sit back and read, read, read!! The old "missing the cigarettes" issue. Most who quit do miss them at first. The key is realizing that we are nicotine addicts and don't really miss the cigarettes, we miss the "fix" we get from a hit on a smoke. Don't make the mistake of romanticizing about cigarettes... all they want to do is kill you. Period. A cigarette doesn't do one single positive thing for you. Never forget that. Here is a great quote that I hope helps to put things in perspective for you.. [b][color=blue]"May we never let the things we can't have, or don't have, or shouldn't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have. As we value our happiness, let us not forget it, for one of the greatest lessons in life is learning to be happy without the things we cannot or should not have."[/color] [color=black]Richard L. Evans[/color][/b] Best wishes. [b][color=Green]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit.[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $624.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$36,331.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9767 Hours: 19

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: