Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Trying to stop

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just started taking Zyban today.Has anyone used Zyban?
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mikey, can't help you on the Zyban as went cold turkey, but welcome to the site and congratulations on your stopping. brent
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I took wellbutrin briefly, when I was 3 months into my quit, and thought it was the best! I gave it up after I ran out but many here found it extremely helpful in the beginning. Some of us need a little help along the way....gum, patches whatever helps get rid of the filthy addiction. Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to ssc...stay close....read and post. Let us know how you are doing. Not one puff ever, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,619 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $900 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mikey, Hi I'm Cheryl and I used Welbutrin (Zyban) for my quit. I loved it. This has been the easiest quit that I ever had. I began taking it 2 weeks before my quit date. One tablet aday the first week and two a day the second. I then continued at 2 a day for three months. Then we tapered it off. dropped to one a day for 2 weeks, then one every other day for 2 weeks, then stopped. It went very smoothly, and I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to try it. There will be others along who will tell you that they had some bad experience with it, but you will find that with any methode. So work it out with your Doctor and set your date. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy] No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,812 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mikey and welcome to SSC. I tried Zyban a long time before my final quit and didn't fiind it very effective for me. However, everyone is different so whatever works for you is the way to go. I used the patches and found them very helpful, used as directed. Be sure to post your stats and come here often. We do care about you and your quit. Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 277 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1052.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 343 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mikey, No, I have not used Zyban myself. I am sure someone will be along who has. I just wanted to welcome you here to the best quit site ever. Please, here me when I say, if you keep very close to this site in the start of your quit, you will have increased your chances of staying qit for life. So a BIG FAT WELCOME!!! Don't forget to do the program on the left, and post your stats. I know you can do it. I smoked for nearly 35years...and about to celebrate 1yr quit, thanks to this site. So happy you made the right choice to quit mikey. All the Best! UFO :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 352 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$25,498.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 675 Hours: 1

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mikey, Many members have had experiences with this medication. Try doing a search for the word and read all the information members have posted. Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: