Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,515 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

could use some advice

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
elgino, You will most likely notice an increase of withdrawal symptoms. Basically, you will be going �cold turkey� if you stop using the patch. We recommend that you monitor your withdrawal symptoms if you go off the patch, and discuss your withdrawal symptoms with your pharmacist or family physician. Stay Strong, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanx all for the replys i beleive it helps just knowing there are others out there helping [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/11/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$340,582.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7816 Hours: 18

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i have not smoked for two months i was using the paatch but the program ended its been two days w/out the patch and i feel like crap i was hoping that if you get this far the cravings would subside but they seem to be worse somedays any advice for me and my patch free days
  • Quit Meter

$340,582.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7816 Hours: 18

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go! Feeling like crap is great! It's a sign that the nicotine is finally leaving your body and you are getting your life back. Well done! Don't you just hate posts like that.....they are true of course but don't make you feel any better do they. Fruit juice! lots of frequent sips will keep the blood sugar levels up and stop them dropping. You can read about this on various sites and it really helped me. The other thing is your quit meter......we have to get rid of the nicotine but you have a wonderful 2 months of not smoking. That's worth preserving don't you think? Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elgino, Congrats on being smoke free for two months! I used the patch for 30 days and I felt great. When I stepped down to the next level of nicotine the withdrawal was so bad for me that I decided to go cold turkey and get the suffering over with all at once. Looking at my quit meter that showed my cravings during that time, it took me a week to get back to "normal" with the first three days being the worst. I have been fine since. Hang in there. You are doing great! Susan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,088 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, elgino. Congratulations on your two months quit and welcome to the SSC. I don't have any patch experience (Wellbutrin quitter), but from what I've seen here some people do go through withdrawal at each stepdown. What little nicotine is in your system from the last patch will be gone in about three days, two of which are already past. After that time the cravings should ease off. Hang in there, elgino. Someone with more patch experience will be along shortly. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,819 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $912 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
if you followed the program for the patch you should pass through this final withdrawal fairly quickly.......and remember, we have bad days "with" cigarettes......you are a nicotine addict....physical withdrawal is only the beginning in beating this addiction. Most of us also have to face a mental struggle with the demon. Just hold on and don't smoke....no matter what. Things WILL finally begin to improve....everyone who quits finally reaches a point of feeling great about this choice......and YOU too WILL get there. put to use your coping skills and continue to distract yourself from thinking about smoking. Letting the thoughts take over your thinking will only make things worse.....YOU take the control away from the addict. hang tough keep kicking katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1476 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59,057 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8118 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 192 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$158,938.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 13

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: