Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Just starting day three

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am on my 3rd day of quitting (Read Allen Carr's Book . . not sure it works) I am having a problem with the empty stomach but also my jaw is aching and I don't know if it is all in my head because that is also pounding at times. I don't know what to do and I am willing to try anything at this point. I don't know who to talk to as my husband is still smoking (out side) and he wants to support me but his advise is to NOT to think about it. He is also reading Allen Carr's book but I don't know if he will really give it up or not all I know is I don't know where to turn and I just feel like crying today because of the pain in my jaw and because I have this awful empty feeling. . . . PLEASE HELP!
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am about 2 hours into day three.Everyone here makes this sound so easy.But on your first few days did you do the following: Think you have lost your mind for doing this, Think you cant fight the urge like this forever, Become obsessed with thinking you just need to smoke one more, And the one I really hate, One second you are doing it!!!!I finally feel better I might make it this time.Then the next second you feel like your gonna die or kill someone if you dont smoke. Is this normal???? I am using the patch and cravings for me last longer than 5 min more like an hour. So someone please tell me this will get better and I wont feel like this the rest of my life.
18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cinderella, It does get better TRUST ME I thought at day 3 it would never end,and was ready to give up the quit but was glad I stuck at it.......YOU CAN DO THIS!! Gazza [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �28.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cinderella, You are not abnormal. Everyone here goes through this thing differently. The first 3 days are typically the toughest. The first week is called Hell Week for a reason as it is not easy to put something like smoking away after all the years we smoked. After that it gets a little easier every week from what I have read around here. The people here are really supportive and the tools to the left will help you succeed. Come around often and read the posts and post whenever you have something to say. You can do tyhis you just gotta hang on for a while. Kickin ASh in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$25,125.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 637 Hours: 13

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No-one said it would be easy guys! In fact it will be the hardest thing that you ever do. But believe me it's worth it! Read and read and read about your enemy. There are some fantastic sources of information out there in addition to this site. The more you know about what is happening to you and the changes to your body and mind, the better. The Allen Carr book did not work for me first time around. It did. however, get retained sub-conciously and provided a foundation for all the other information I have learnt. It does not mention the blood sugar levels problem in the frist three days of cold turkey for example. It is also written for people with no NRT, so some of the advice probably needs to be slightly different for those with patches etc. It's an accumilation of knowledge that enables us to fight the real problem.............. Our drug addiction. We were all stupid enough to allow ourselves to become enslaved to one of the most addictive substances ever found. And don't forget that when we stop........we remain addicts. So come on..........get reading. brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cinderella & Frog Don't give up yourselves. I know this is tough but it can be done. Frog, if the jaw pain persists you might want to have it checked out to make sure it's not a tooth or something. Both of you are doing a life altering change in your life and you are strong or you wouldn't be here. Keep posting and just stay close to this site. Read and post. Keep your quit. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $651 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cinderella and Frog, I know that you posted this a week ago, and I was just wondering if you are still around. I haven't seen much lately. I have been off line all but a few minutes aday, but I really would like for you both to check in. Either here, or start a new thread. You both sounded so miserable that I am sorry that I wasn't here to help. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy] No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 204 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,916 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $581.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and congratulations on quitting. Day 3 was my hardest, I thought I would never make it, but I did and I am proud of me. You can do it, no one ever died of withdrawals. Read and post here all you can. Be kind to yourself, this is one of the hardest things you will ever do but also one of the nicest things you can do for you. There is alot of support here so when it gets tough just call for help, someone will be here. Hang in there, it does get easier. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2040 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: