Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Does anybody have any suggestions

9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bumped up for new quitters.

This is a good thread for struggles in quitting. Go back to the 1st post on the 1st page and start at the beginning.

Stay strong...
N.O.P.E.! 
  • Quit Meter

$23,171.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 2

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ...................In reading back a few posts, you said your husband said when you decide quitting is more important than smoking, he is right. I decided one day almost 5 years ago that I was quitting. I went out and bought the patches. I had tried CT before and it didn't work. I didn't smoke for 10 months..........had a bad day and said OH I CAN HAVE 1 IT WON'T HURT ME..............that was it, went back to smoking for 3 months and then decided that was it, got back on the patch and haven't looked back since. My husband still smokes, in the house, car etc..........yes sometimes it bothers me, but not to the point that I want one. Mostly I can't stand the smell, it nauseates me. There are times when I do like the smell, but still not enough  to make me go back.............and do hell week over again.............I shudder at the thought. Come on Kiddo you can do this.........hang in here. There are so many great people here that will help you. They helped me and alot of friends I met here. Read some of Duffis's posts I am sure they are archived here. He is a great leader and made quitting so easy for a lot of us, while dealing with his own health problems and quit...........DON'T LET OLD NICODEMON WIN THIS ONE!
Georgie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/6/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1362
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 27,240
Amount Saved: $4,767.00
Life Gained:
Days: 194 Hrs: 15 Mins: 59 Seconds: 21

• Quit Meter

$43,470.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter