Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Need to share

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rose, I had a stash of only 2 smokes, and I trashed them. Not quite as ceremoniously as you did, but had I thought about it, I might have. Good job! I, too, have thought "nobody would ever know", but too many people are pulling for me, and I want to prove to myself that I can do it. Keep up the great attitude! Inspire us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, I has been awhile still I posted, but I read as much as I can and must thanks everyone who has told me. Not one puff. I had been doing ok recently. I started a new assignment this week. Great... but I am working at home and was home alone this week. My husband returned last night and we went out to dinner. I may has just been relaxing after a stressful week... but boy did I want a smoke! I did not have one! Then today my husband asked me to get something out of his glove box. I found an old package of my SMOKEs (my husband does not smoke). I was and still am home alone. So I was thinking who would know?? There were 15 of them just waiting for me. I have been wanting to smell smoke for some reason. Then I remembered all of you. I realized that I would know and that was just as important if not more important than someone else knowing. All that hard work up in smoke. I can't believe I started shake. Then I did it! I got a glass, put the smokes in the glass and filled it with water! NOT ONE PUFF. I place the glass on my desk. If I wanted to smells smoke I can smell the glass and look at all that brown stuff that could be in my body. I still have the urge, but I am happy that did not give in. "Don't worry, be happy" I am going to keep the quit! Thanks for letting me share, Rose [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$436,108.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5578 Hours: 21

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for eveyone's support... I needed that. Yes, niks I did destory them, just like you did (good work). I just found an old coffee mug that has "you can't crush the Irish (with a rock on top of Garfield). That's my new sugar free candy dish. Next is goal is my sister's St. Pat's open house. I get to join my 5 sisters and brothers (and about 80 other people) as first (replased) so now the last one to quit smoking! It is going to feel great. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$436,108.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5578 Hours: 21

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is funny how we think we would like to sneak a puff. But then when we really have the opportunity we decide that is not what we really want. Anybody get that sentence besides me? Anyway - you proved to yourself just how strong you can be! Great job! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 701 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rose, You beat the demon. I am so proud of you. That took alot to do that. Now you know you can say no. I am so glad you put them in water. And mayby no one else would have known you smoked but you would have known and you would would have been so upset at yourself. Proud of you jnine :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 813 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Proud of you. Integrity - you've got it. I think you're going all the way. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BRAVO to you Rose ! You should feel very very proud of yourself :) You have stopped smoking :) .. Stand strong and be proud ! ((((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rose you should be so proud of yourself! I remember last time i quit, I was on Zyban (this time cold turkey) i had lost my medication and was going mad searching the house looking for the Zyban. Instead I found half a packet of cigarettes. It was SO SO tempting. I posted here instead, and tore the cigarettes into the bin. I was really glad that i did that. You have done well. (Did you destroy them - I really hope so). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rose, You passed this test with flying colors. We are so proud of you! Reward yourself for a job well done! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rose I'm so proud of you. I'm not as strong as you are. I couldn't touch a cig. A customer left me one, and I couldn't touch it after a couple of days of having it sit there, I finally vacuumed it up in the vacuum cleaner. To pick up a bunch of cigs and put them in a glass of water. Honey, that's ART. That deserves a special place. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: