Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Coffee or Tea

18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy. I am a tea drinker at home, but I love Tim Hortons coffee. I felt that having a coffee at the beginning of my quit would trigger bad cravings for me because I associated having a cig with it so strongly, so I gave it up for about 3 weeks. You may find that you have to change your morning and daily routines until you are further along. Remember to protect your quit as much as possible, whatever keeps your quit is what is better for you. :) [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,929 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $664 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, The trick is to change anything and everything in your life to stop smoking. If you have had a cup of coffee and a cigarette all these years, and the routine makes you crave, try tea. Changing habits can be a good thing. Be strong, and be willing to change. You seem determined to do this, and I really think you can. Good luck. I am waiting for you at the beach. Smokefree 2
  • Quit Meter

$22,706.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 18

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, you are very funny! When I quit, I lost my taste for coffee for a little while and started drinking tea. One of my quit buddies, Ros, turned me on to rooibos tea (African red bush) and my son introduced me to Chai tea. Now I drink coffee in the mornings for that push start, and I drink tea the rest of the day. I don't think coffee is a bad habit unless you're drinking it all day long. They say that some kinds of tea have antioxidants. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 464 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,003 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1624 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$54,797.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 3

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Which is better for you coffee or tea? I like coffee in the morning and then tea the rest of the day. Decalf of course. I seem to want that jolt first thing in the morning. I guess thats another bad habit I have to break. One thing at a time. Now that I'm home from work I seem to have cut down on my intake of coffee. But who really knows whats better for you? And who are these people anyway! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$144,753.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5897 Hours: 21

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: