Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

HOW DO YOU REIDENTIFY YOUR PERSONALITY

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all of the replies. i feel better today and am determined to make everyday the next better one. hope all are having a good smoke free weekend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know that this thread has veered off of the original topic a little, but since we're talking about the "who you are" thing. I didn't REALLY identify myself as a non-smoker until just the other day. I was "A Quitter" and "A Survivor". Then we were looking into moving, and one of the requirements of renting this house that we're moving into was that you have to be a non-smoker. I told the man on the phone - "Yeah, my husband and I are non-smokers." When I hung up, I commented about how that was the very first time I was a "non-smoker". My husband is a never-smoker. This is something that we're never going to be... we won't be a non-smoker like a never smoker is, and the thing is - we're always going to be adicted in some form - you know? Kind of like an alcoholic. So - I think that there's a certain amount of pride that goes with having beat it... having been adicted once, and now being a non-smoker. There's nothing wrong with that title. And we get to chose whether or not we ever tell anyone too - not liek when you smoked, because your breath, yellow fingers, and stinky smell gave you away. Also - BTW - there's nothing wrong with being a Wisconsinite either! Even if you did wear chease on your head, and were a hick - anyone that needs to stand in judgement is someone that is unhappy in their own skin and should be pittied - not feared. *I* am born and raised Wisconsite, and i'd gladly wear chease on my head with any of you all! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 571 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,706.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anxious, Caffeine withdrawal can include the following symptoms: * Headache � (often described as being gradual in development and diffuse, and sometimes throbbing and severe) * Fatigue -- (e.g., fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, sluggishness) * Sleepiness/drowsiness -- (e.g., sleepy, drowsy, yawning) * Difficulty concentrating * Work difficulty -- (e.g., decreased motivation for tasks/work) * Irritability -- (e.g., irritable, cross, miserable, decreased well-being/contentedness) * Depression -- (e.g., depressed mood) * Anxiety -- (e.g., anxious, nervous) * Flu-like symptoms -- (e.g., nausea/vomiting, muscle aches/stiffness, hot and cold spells, heavy feelings in arms or legs) * Impairment in psychomotor, vigilance and cognitive performances Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
Your right, I will. However, they have gotten a lot of guilt money out of me. Especially my daughter..she is so good at "I will pay you back when we get home". I will let them pick something they want to do or something they want this weekend. Good Idea, that makes me feel good to. What a win win. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
aaawww, (((A1))) you have so many reasons to stay with it! I say it is reward time for your kids!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 202 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Thanks Grin, that was a wonderful story. Inspiring also. I cry a lot when I think of all the times I must have embarresed my kids. My daughter is an avid soccer play and softball. All the walking away to smoke, missed alot of homeruns and goals. She was also Varsity swim team, I remember going to our first swim meet, we sat for so long, so we ran quick to have a smoke, and when we came back, my daughter was crying and said "couldn't you have waited to smoke? you missed my que, I won and you missed it." It is terrible. they have never told me that it bothered them, but I know it did. Both of them said, whatever happens this time mom, we are behind you. I love my kids..(most of the time ;)) A1 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
OK, when I bump, you say "oooochie!!" LOL! No, just kidding. When some one bumps a thread, it means they are posting on an old thread to bump it up to the top of the forum. The grateful in the rain is now at the top of the new users forum. Hang in there, you'll get the hang of it.It's also a great way to keep the hands and mind busy! G [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 202 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Somebody needs to explain this bumping thing to me. Am I supposed to do something? I am so stupid at this stuff. :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Hey A1, I like that nickname too. Especially since you are leaving alot of that anxiety behind ;p right? I like playing with names and nicknames, I have a new pet name for my son every morning, I have been doing that since I gave birth to him. It makes us laugh :p. I loved your story about last night's concert. Keep that as a reminder to you, if you ever question why you have quit and why you want to stay that way. Have you had an opportunity to read a thread by Unhooked called "grateful in the rain" ? Beautiful story! I will bump it for you. I'd like to read it again, it makes me cry (with joy!!) It's in the discussion for new users forum. And to answer that question of whether you will be like your ex-quitting co workers? Just N.O.P.E.!! that's it! G :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 202 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Today has been insaine at work, anyway, yes. I stay in bed as long as I can, to completely deviate from my morning routine. I used to get up hours before I needed to so I could get housework done and smoke 1/2 pack during this process. I stopped drinking coffee, not on purpose, it really didn't taste good. I was a coffee addict, probably at least a pot or more a day. So, I quit that too. I think maybe I need to go back to what I was doing slowly, maybe all the shock of changing the routine is throwing me off. I never thought about it that way. Way do you guys think? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: