Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

MrMagic celebrates 3 weeks on Friday

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Magic... ...an inspiration and a great joy. Some of you folks have the most creative imaginations, and it has been a joy to read and follow along. I don't know all of your names, but I will continue reading for as long as you continue writing. Congratulations on 3 weeks. I have heard the 3's are the worst, and I won't dispute that. I hate to admit that I did find 2 smokes that my sweetheart didn't destroy for me...and they are stashed for a "just in case". It's strengthens me to know they are there and I am not touching them. Did you keep a secret stash? and how long until you destroyed it? Is this normal? Please, all of you, keep writing! You are all a great source of strength and determination. Write On! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Wow, I too sail...on a bass boat. LOL! Stay strong! Mom
Capt: I sense some hostility...I served from 68-71 so I sort of understand. Lackland became very familiar for nearly 2 years. I would enjoy hearing any stories you would like to tell. I haven't figured out the IM thing yet. I just can't seem to find it. Does anyone use it? Mom
Aha, Mr. Magic, you speak like a seasoned sailor. I, on the other hand, am an Air Force veteran. What job could there be for the likes of me? I salute you. Mom
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To our favorite Captain. Happy three weeks. Sorry about being late. I was lost on the ship. See on deck. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 687 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 158 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is where you are in luck my dear, I spent 4 fun filled, all expense paid, years in the Air Force in Air Rescue as a Helicopter Mechanic and Crew Chief from 67-71, I am sure we will find something to do for you on board, see the 1st Mate Pat :) Off we go into the wild blue yonder......The Captain [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Thank You Mom, your words are too kind. As a matter of fact, on my "Quit Day" I had a pack with 4 left in it. Like you, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have a little security, and I put them in the arm rest glove compartment of my truck. Through the first week, I knew they were there, but they were out of sight. 6 or 7 days ago I think, I was getting a CD out of there and saw the pack. I picked them up, window down, and pardon me the great state of TN, they were flipped out somewhere along I-40, I don't miss em a bit. Keep up the good work Mom Mom, and come on board anytime. Faith will assign you a duty I am sure....Mr. Magic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 435 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Thanks Danielle, nothing pl;anned really, maybe save it for the 30 day mark! MM
None at all Mom, I say that with tongue planted firmly in cheek ;) I went to basic in Amarillo, and on overseas and back again - I enjoyed all 4 years, and no telling where I would be right now without that experience. I love the water, and I do sail occasionally, but I just couldn't get myself to join the Navy, my father and his brothers were all in the old Army Air Corp during WWII. People do use the IM. I am sure on of the support folks can help you get hooked up Mr. Magic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Thanks everyone and thanks for the continued support. Could not have gotten this far without this group and I hope we all are an inspiration to those just starting the journey...Mr. Magic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: