Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

238 Days - 34 weeks and soon 8 months

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - You guys are really amazing...I just read Rusty's story and now I have read yours. It means so much to me for you guys to take the time to share your stories. We need to hear all about life on the other side. I am so glad that you are embracing your new life and look forward to mine to! Thanks for sharing! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RVDMAN welcome back, I'm really glad that you had a wonderful trip and got to visit with your mom. You have crossed to the other side, this is an amazing feeling I'm so happy for you. I will be be here to celebrate a year smoke free with you. Happy bithday again, enjoy your freedom, you deserve it. Sincerely Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,851 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $492 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/017_congra1.gif[/IMG] Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,678 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $620 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 10

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, You're free and enjoying every minute of it! Your eloquent post will inspire many to reach the place where you are now. So happy to hear your quit has given you a new lease on life. Kudos on a job very well done!! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Phillip! You have inspired and touched so many on this board and I especially have appreciated your journey ....afterall, just a day behind. There's been a LOT of times I wasn't sure of myself and looked to see how you were doing and felt a lot better to know that I wasn't the only one having a tough time....yet still doing it. I imagine that your partner and friends are ecstatic about your success in this. Thanks for sharing your experience and especially for your encouragement! :)
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am rollong over 238 days moving past 34 weeks. Back from a visit to my Mom, celebrating my 50th birthday and revisiting the places of my youth where I learned to smoke. This has been an amazing and wonderful journey. Nothing easy about it. I have had to stay firmly with my commitment to give myself a year of being free from smoke. I will never go back, this knowledge is new and very, very thrilling. I smell smoke on others and find it vial. I smell fresh smoke wafting through the air, I like the smell, I see the person walk along a few steps and start to cough or choke and I rejoice that I no longer smoke. I can hug people and not feel guilty that I smell repulsive. I can swim for eons and not feel winded. I love the new life I have given myself. My partner of 32 years is proud and celebrates constantly this new found smoke free person sharing a journey of life. We revel in being able to travel together. My friends are surprised and sometimes shocked when they see that I no longer need to rush outside to take a smoking break. I can get through a whole evening without breaking away. Phillip, the constant smoker is no longer smoking and is instead swimming and dreaming of competing in meets in Paris and San Francisco. Phillip the constant cook, always finding something new to eat and enjoy, actually savouring and enjoying the fruits of his labour. Yes I eat all those pies and love my new found ability to taste and relish the flavour. Yes, Phillip the consumate cynic is enjoying life. Phillip the resolute rebel is saying come on join in, quit smoking, the freedom is exhilarating and the sense of achievement and accomplishement is like nothing that life has given me so far. I am so thrilled that I have moved so deeply into the new found freedom, the lack of bondage to the addiction, my life will never be the same and the future is more and more full and rich with life. Thanks for being with me. Thanks for sharing in these 34 weeks and sharing with me your adventures and your experiences of stepping through the looking glass and into a newfound life of freedom and liberty. Come celebrate with me as I roll the clock on 8 months. October 17th a day of glory! :) Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/
Rob Thank You. I so appreciate how you checkin with me and how truthful and sincere you have been. Thanks for the comaraderie. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1912 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Thanks to you all. I am back on the grind and will be rolling along at the work place. So thank you all. I hope the journey is rich and full for each of you. Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1920 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/congratulations204.gif[/IMG] Riverdale man you are awesome and so are your stats Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5074/fireworks87ux.gif[/IMG] [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 420 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: