Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Augustines to be hitting 60

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys. Hope you are doing well. Ericon, what's up, are you better today. Hey it is almost All Saints Day...A.K.A. Halloween. Either you can reflect and honor the ones who have gone before us. AND/Or you can thank God we have the ability to defeat our demons... Have a great smoke free week you guys. smouches. Grace
BOO OK happy Halloween everyone.Yes Ericon I was thinking a new thread fo november would be a good idea. Although I must say I like the fact a thread I started hit 7pages. LOVE IT. Anyway have a safe happy holiday.Nothing scarier than smoking. Oh yeah sterk if you are around start a thread to let us know.... Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Ericon, I hope you are doing better. I am so glad you are still with us. we need you here. You can do it. Here comes the marching band, the trumpits blaring, the singers singing DELI HAS 90 DAYS. Toottaloo. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, am much better today. Back to eating. And eating, and eating and did I mention eating? Came on board late so missed catching anyone but it�s so wonderful to experience the support here. Thank you all for your caring. It helped more than you can imagine! NoMoreCig - you have a gift of getting staight to the point. That simple phrase "It will be better" was right on. Marie - you do realize that since you named us, you are an honorary Augustine - - ;p - - (!!!!) Mary - you and I are like Salt & Pepper. We need to talk more girlfriend! We are different yet alike, I have a hunch we need to hear more about each other's quits. Example: you feel guilty for craving so much, I feel guilty for craving so little! Thanks for telling me it's OK. Deli - you are such a sweetie, I envision you as our earth mother! Thanks for your love and your leading us all with 90 BIG FAT DAYS !! That's a major accomplishment and one to be proud of! And Grace with her tooting horn is such a riot. Thanks for your concern & support. Sillyme - I know the crying thing well, but it's rare when I don't know what's bothering me. That in itself I find unnerving. Call me naive but I really didn't expect more of it this far into the quit! Thank you for being there friend, for sharing your struggles. OK now . . . think we might need a new thread soon. Maybe Deli should start it this time since she has the most amount of time (just a thought ??). New title along the lines of the Augustines getting nearer to 100 days! Whattayasay? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
You got that right! Here I stand, hair all mussed up, one sleeve ripped from the elbow down, a bit of mascara smudge on the cheek . . . hell of an unexpected fight! But I'm still standing . . . here . . . chewing gum! LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,622 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Hi everyone! So good to see you celebrating & keeping the happy times going. I need you to do that. I really, really need you to do that right now. It helps to uplift me. Having a tough time right now but am still quit. Hugs, Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $514.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Thank you my good friends. You�re right Sillyme, I�ll grab those outstretched hands right now! For the life of me I don�t know what happened but I feel like I�ve been through a war. Bottom line: I almost lost my quit Friday night. I came home from work (nothing eventful happened at work, just the usual) and had a major sobbing meltdown as soon as I walked in the door. My poor husband was beside himself! Wonderful man that he is, just held me & soothed me. And then it happened. I was craving as if in Hell Week. So bad so I didn�t care about anyone or anything. I just wanted to smoke. I was absolutely insane with wanting to smoke. I�ve not talked about craving because I really haven�t craved since Hell Week. Actually had an easy time of it when I compare myself to many others that I read about. No idea why, just figured I was lucky I guess. But NOW I understand what they were talking about. Boy do I ever. Odd thing is, I�ve also not been able to hold food down very well since. So if I caught a virus or have the flu, I still can�t seem to understand why it would initially manifest as a crying jag & then into full blown craving. Getting a hold of my smoking mentor wasn�t an option because of the time change (hard to wake someone up in the middle of the night with an email - LOL) and I couldn�t wait for the computer to power up for board responses. You see, I had one foot out the door to go buy a pack already. But I kept thinking, what did SSC teach you to do. You HAVE to do somthing before you go buy them. I caught sight of my cell phone out of the corner of my eye as I went to get my purse. And then I did what you�ve all taught me. Since I couldn�t get to anyone via computer fast enough, I�d call a friend first. That friend quit smoking 10 days after I did. So I sat on line with her until I was so exhausted from talking/screaming/ranting about it, that when done I hung up & went straight to sleep. It�s Sunday now, I�m feeling better but still weak. Today I�ve finally been able to keep food down and have the stamina to sit up awhile & �talk� with you.. I apologize as this has turned into a novella but I need to draw on your strength now. I need you to grab my hand & pull me along. Thank you for teaching me so well, mentor, SSC board me
Thanks NMC, yes, I believe it will get better too. Thx for being there for me. Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,549 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $522 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ericon so pleased you are back with us and please do not apologise for your very descriptive message. I personally find it very helpful to hear from people who are struggling with cravings as I have difficulty with them most of the time and life is a constant battle not to smoke, Sometimes all the messages are so up beat that you feel you are the only person who is having a hard time and it makes you feel even worse. I am sure there are lots of other people feeling exactly as you do at the moment and congratulations on the strength you have shown in not smoking. You will make it,you obviously have what it takes. Cheers, Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ericon chin you can do it and you know it (I'm a poet)you guys are just great that's all you Augustines :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,084 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: