Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

70 up 0 down

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Riverdale Man, Happy 70th!! I gave up 3 days before you. Glad that you're having similar experiences to me, ie you're ENJOYING your quit! To all new quitters I echo what Riverdale is saying; it's a struggle at times, but stick with it - it does get better! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, Congratulations on your 70 Days, Terrific! Have you also noticed that you speak about being outside and the Clean Air, Sunshine and appreciation of that in your recent posts???? You truly are enjoying your quit and evidently your sense of smell too! You have mentioned your appearance (complexion and weight loss). You have much to be proud of and it sounds as if you appreciate what you have earned! Strut the new wardrobe and enjoy the spring weather. Thanks for being so encouraging to all of us and sharing the benefits of being a non smoker. Sounds like you miss home too - hope you get there soon. Hangin in Not Givin In, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 586 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear RD guy Way to go! I know you must be happy.....when your happy and ya know it....... [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/ccatclaws/smiles/happydance.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,341 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you Riverdale Man!! 70 days is such an accomplishment! :) Enjoy your sunshine (hopefully) this weekend. Outdoors always gives us that extra boost - inside and out. Enjoy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BIG CONGRATS, PHILLIP!!! Happy Dance for YOU [url=[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/animatedmm.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/animatedmm.gif[/IMG][/url] I always look forward to your posts, Phillip... Thanks for being here and for sharing your gifts with us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,926 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 133 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Riverdale Man! 70 days down and a lifetime of FREEDOM ahead!! Injoy your week-end in the Sun! [IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j229/dswill123/8_9_24.gif[/IMG] Smogfree Shamrock ~Shelly~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 589 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phillip - Sounds like your home bound now - and I know that you are ready! 70 days looks good on ya! It's an amazing journey that we have undertaken - one that gives us more life, a renewed sense of pleasure, of exercise, clean air... Way to go! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 696 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5858 Hours: 23

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank You all for celebrating with me! I so look forward to Fridays and I can really say TGIF. Friday my weekly anniversary is a very special day for me. I am so glad that you are all on this journey with me. You are all important to me and inspire, model and make this journey all the more exciting and joyous for all of your response, care and energy that you give me with each word you post. Thank You and blessings to you all. Cheers Phillip :p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
70 Days thats 10 weeks and no nicotine!!!!!!!! Part of my reward this weekend is to be in the sun and the wonderful green that there is outside. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the smell of smoke! I am in a place where I am not so able right now to go where I want when I want. AND I have the thought that goes like (oh There is smoke) this thought does not mean that I will act on it. I know I am more resolut as I look to what is happening with my body! Bought more clothes yesterday and was actually complimented by a friend that I look good, look fit. I replied that I had not lost a single pound and I have lost two inches on my waist! I do not have the same grey palour to my complexion and the bags under my eyes have gone! WOW 70 days 10 weeks and it seems like yesterday that I was junking the smokes, trashing the lighters, ashtrays and all the rest of the junkie pariphanalia! Hoooooooorrrrrraaaaaayyyyyy! Spring is here! Quitting gets more and more and more part of the routine, part of a life of freedom! To you new ones and the ones just starting, Stay Strong. Keep to your commitment to be smoke free and look at what the ultimate reward is. FREEDOM! ;p Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
These last few days have been hard! Standing in line in a grocery store all these cigs in a big display. Of course they are American and non of them are my brand so that made it easier. I notice I am getting irritated very easy. Reading the food crave thread and thinking eehhh how hard it has been to be in a restaurant, some ones house and they just light up a smoke. Must say that this takes me back to the seventies. I must be at least 10 yhears without smoking in restaurants and work places at home. And I have made a very conscious choice not to smoke in my own home for the last 7 years or so and in our new house for the last 5 years no smoking not even during the gut and any of the restoration not even the work crews allowed to smoke inside. Oh well back to familiar territory tomorrow and back to the law of the land! Thanks for reading thanks for the vent! Glad that I have been quit now for some more days each one that rolls over on that meter is a great accomplishment. Ciao Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: