Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Cravings

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hamlet,

Proud of you for hanging in there.

Just remember a couple of things:
1) This, too, shall pass
2) No matter how bad the craving is now, there is no way that it's worse than those first few days. Be glad those are over, vow not to have to go through that again, and be glad that it will get easier as time goes on.

I was actually triggered 3 times in the past 3 days (which is a lot for me at this point in time). My triggers were similar to yours. Some things at work raised anxiety and anger levels for me, and the mind went straight to smoking thoughts. Thankfully, at this point, those thoughts are simply short and infrequent annoyances. I never get the point of considering buying a pack or anything. I just kind of start sucking air in and really wanting a mint.  

Once again, glad that you are checking in and have positive stories (you overcame some triggers) to report.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,515.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 22

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hamlet!!!

You have come so far and have kicked that demon's ash over and over!  It can become very draining, but it WILL get better, I promise!  Keep looking at all the benefits your quit has given you and keep your eyes on the prize!!!  FREEDOM!!!  It's so damn worth it, buddy!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 14

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hamlet, 

Congrats on beating the monstrous craves.  You can do this!  What are some distractions or strategies that have helped you cope with thoughts of smoking?
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Those monstrous craves are the worst..Good for you for keeping the quit..Every time you fight a crave it makes the next crave weaker..Take comfort in knowing that eventually the monster will get tired and quiet down again..and you will always be the winner..as long as you remember to:

"NTAP never take another puff."

Thats what Joel says:
Check out Joels tapes on whyquit.com

Red...
10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Hamlet  Keep on taking it one day at a time or five minutes at a time if need be. I found the six week point of the quit extremely difficult. Ice cold water and deep breathing got me through the craves. Every quit is different but it will get easier in time. Others have beat the Demon and you can as well. Excellent for you for not smoking today. breather
10 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys still not smoking, but last few days have been having monstrous craves. Just can't seem to get cigarettes out of my mind. Mood has not been great , family putting up with a lot. It is the thoughts of smoking that is driving me crazy, however the when I look at stats and see how much is not smoked really helps me at times. I know if I stick at it things will get better. One day at a time not smoking TODAY ! . I do feel a lot fitter even after just 5 weeks not smoking, so I know benefits are being reaped . Thanks everyone

Reading this thread: