Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

urges

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been soooo close, at times, on this Quit........I just keep saying N.O.P.E.

It's all I can do......smoking isn't an option.  I'm not starting over......period.

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 141
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,230
Amount Saved: $592.20
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 12 Mins: 41 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You made it through last night.  Each time you win a battle you get a little stronger.  I like so many here have lost my quits after you would think it was behind you.  I don't know when the miracle will happen, but each day I don't smoke it is taking place.  Maybe that is why they say a day at a time.

I don't know about you but it is good for me to read that I am not so unique in my quits and that others have fought hard to remain smoke free.  To smoke is not the easier way.  I now believe that.  You are doing so great in your quit, be proud.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 81
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 810
Amount Saved: $162.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 18 Mins: 3 Seconds: 26

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Momma D!!!

Great job last night!!!  The battles ARE tough, but you have gone through the toughest of them all so far!!!  Just keep telling yourself over and over that the hardest part of the war IS over and that the nico-demon will NEVER win another battle!!!

Then you drink some cold water, walk around the house, the block or whatever!!!  Take plenty of deep breaths and just keep telling yourself that phrase over and over!!! 

We are NOT going to go through Hell Week or Heck Week again, right????

Keep on powering through, Momma....  You CAN do this!!!

Jim

PS...  Get some sleep!!! 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 468
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,700
Amount Saved: $1,930.50
Life Gained:
Days: 79 Hrs: 9 Mins: 14 Seconds: 42

• Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 20

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
" P.S - BTW when I got a craving at the 1, 2, 3 month timeframes this time around I just said "I'm going to keep doing this over and over again until I make it through and quit for good so why not save myself the aggrivation of doing hell, heck, etc week over and over again." That helped give me the strength to push through."

That's JUST it, Mr Quitter :-)

It's difficult when so many people think that it get's better every day, every month... When, looking back on my smoke history, it was after a couple of months that I was the most fragile- and always slipped. Basically, then, because I was just FED UP with the struggle. And the things that annoyed me most- the dependance, stink and worry- seemed to have lost their emotional strength. I kbnew all this, but I didn't feel it any longer. I just couldn't care anymore.

KEEP STRONG! Keep your guards up!!!

Cat

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 63
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,260
Amount Saved: �289.80
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 1 Mins: 37 Seconds: 31

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mamma,

First of all, congrats for fighting through the craving last night. Although exhausting, you can now use this experience to draw strength from for future cravings. You have proven that you have the determination to stay quit.............as long as you keep this thought ahead of you, the day will come when you will successfully conquer this battle for good.

Stay strong and keep posting!

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mamma D,

I have been in your shoes many times.  I could quit for 1, 2, 3 months and then go right back to smoking.  For people like us the first few months is just a fun little warzone phase with the devil on your shoulder.  Trust me though, even people like us wake up one day and go "Wow!  I can't believe I was ever addicted to this."  It might just take a little longer.

Just realize that your love affair with smoking was based on false pretenses.  It's an addiction like any other addiction and in time you will look back and see it for what it really is.  In the meantime stay strong like I know you are. 

Mr Q

P.S - BTW when I got a craving at the 1, 2, 3 month timeframes this time around I just said "I'm going to keep doing this over and over again until I make it through and quit for good so why not save myself the aggrivation of doing hell, heck, etc week over and over again."  That helped give me the strength to push through. 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 316
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,584
Amount Saved: $2,370.00
Life Gained:
Days: 35 Hrs: 6 Mins: 6 Seconds: 15

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last night before going to bed I had a wild mad desire to light up.  It was the strongest urge I've had in a while.  I fought the demon and was able to resist but it cost me a nights sleep.  Today I feel really worn out, sluggish, and just overall lousey.  I know these cravings will come and go I have to hang in there and fight them but this was a big one.  I hope the next few days will not be as hard.  I truly  want to  remain smoke free.  I have always had a rough time around 3 mos and have lost my battle around that point in my quit and I am determined to get past that point this time.  I will continue to post as this really helps.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 39
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 390
Amount Saved: $182.33
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 4 Mins: 40 Seconds: 37

Reading this thread: