Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Had a Bit of a Brain Fart

15 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Trooper, I am new to this forum, but not new to this quit. Started in March, but have slipped a few times. I think I understand where you are at. The problem with slipping, is that thing in your head that makes you keep saying nope, gets strength with the smallest idea of..maybe just one....
Did you quit cold turkey? a patch? gum? prescription?  what ever method you are using may not be for you. Maybe if you tried a new plan? 
Mostly since I am so new..I want to say to you..(((big hug)))...This is hard...but worth it. Nice to meet you, and hope we get to talk soon.  Katielynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 180
Amount Saved: $22.50
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 16 Mins: 25 Seconds: 30

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trooper,

We will be here waiting for you.  Re-focus and get back in there, you can do this!  We will support you every step of the way.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I caved.  I don't know what's going on any more.  I did fine for five days.  Actually I did great for five days and then I got sad, and I got scared and soon I just got so focused on having a cigarette I found myself fighting to have it instead of fighting not to have it.  I keep trying.  I believe I'll beat this but I'm getting really frustrated.  I'm so angry now that I'm just thinking about giving up the quit.  I know I won't.  I'll buy a pack, smoke a few days and try to quit again.  I feel so stupid.  I feel weak and helpless.  I feel like such a disappointment to my husband, kids and myself.  All these negative feelings do is make me want to smoke more. 

Give me a couple of days to refocus and I'll be back.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/19/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 55
Amount Saved: $24.20
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 27 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Trooper!

You still hanging in there???  How bout an update?  Hang in there, it WILL get better! 

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 141
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,525
Amount Saved: $581.63
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 1 Mins: 13 Seconds: 19

• Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 5

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Trooper are ya hangimng in there ?? Power through this, you can do it !!!!!!!!!! Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2177
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 52,248
Amount Saved: $9,143.40
Life Gained:
Days: 311 Hrs: 4 Mins: 44 Seconds: 52

15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hold on,   you don't want those wills to have to be used soon....

I have a stress test tomorrow.. and I am a bit... nervous about it.. well not the test the reaction and results...

I know i have to come to far to cave in right now.....  no caffeine, no chocolate 24 hrs before the test.. and nothing to eat and smoke for 4 hrs before.. ok  so I quit... I am glad I don't have to  tr to NOT smoke for the 4 hrs before the test tomorrow.

Good luck... read, grab something.... hang in there

Bonnie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 164
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,788
Amount Saved: $557.60
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 13 Mins: 11 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well it's day five and I'm struggling.  We had to go sign our wills, power of attorney, and living wills today.  I was feeling uneasy before we got to the lawyers office but since then it has been building.  I'm hate thinking about my husband or even myself dying.  Feeling frightened, panic, uneasy, weepy, and believing a cigarette will make it all go away.  Just one to help me get my bearings.

I've been re-reading the Allen Carr book off and on all day and it's not restoring my  resolve.  I'm just getting more weepy and angry.  I'm afraid I'm going to give in.  I have very little fight left.  I'm just trying to figure out how to get one without buying a whole pack.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/19/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 44
Amount Saved: $19.36
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 13 Mins: 19 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trooper,

All I can add to this is please make up your mind that this is somthing you want to do and don't wait till is somthing you HAVE to do.

Go on, you can do it,  you know you have it in you!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/2/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 197
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,910
Amount Saved: �2,157.15
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 3 Mins: 41 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Trooper!!!

Are you really prepared enough to take this journey?   You have been trying for months...  quit and cave, quit and cave!  I know you really want to quit, but there seems to be something holding you back!!!

You REALLY  have to prepare for this journey and it is one HELL of a trip!!!  6 P's...  Proper Planning Prevents Piss- Poor Performance!!!  Go through the milestones in the program again to see if you missed something in your preparation!  By all means, download the Alan Carr book and read that!   For some people it's a matter of saying I've had enough and then they quit!  For other people, it's harder and you have to prepare more!!

What it really boils down to though is this...   HOW BAD DO YOU REALLY WANT TO QUIT???   Are you willing to do anything to quit those damn cancer sticks???

Are you willing to COMMIT to the  QUIT????   Can you live by the Not One Puff Ever creed???

A person like you HAS to have such a Positive Mental Attitude in place before you ever start on this journey!!  You have to believe that you CAN do this and you CAN'T let anything stop you from your goal!!!

You have to be willing to come here and post and WAIT for 5 responses before you cave and run to the store!!!  If you wait for 5 posts your crave will be gone!!!   You continuously have to repeat to yourself... Not One Puff Ever!!! 

You have got to want the quit WAY MORE than you want to smoke!!!!    DO YOU???????

You may ask me who do I think that I am and why am I preaching to you like this!!!  Well, you said in an earlier post that you might need a butt kicking!!!  Well, here's the boot!!!

Here's the other reason....  I was you!  I answered the questions and got 'er done!!!

We're all here for you and we want nothing more that your successful quit!!!  

Crush those butts and get on this journey to freedom!!!   SLAY THAT DAMN NICO-DEMON!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 133
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,325
Amount Saved: $548.63
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 19 Mins: 6 Seconds: 38

• Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 5

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I understand what you're saying. You want to quit so you do but when the withdrawls start getting to you, you cave, then the cigarettes you smoke calms you, eases your mind, and gives you that false sense of strength. You're right back where you started. First and foremost, the addiction plays head games with you, you try reasoning and bargaining with yourself. You have to really decide for yourself if you're going to quit and do just that. Your desire to quit must be greater than the desire to smoke. It must be....Not One Puff EVER.

You can do this. Just don't smoke that cigarette, not even 1. Take it one day at a time.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/17/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 730
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,840
Amount Saved: $2,737.50
Life Gained:
Days: 82 Hrs: 2 Mins: 42 Seconds: 42

Reading this thread: