Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

The Craving is Getting To Me

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ML Have a great day today!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so glad I posted about the cravings. It actually did me good to get it out in the open among people who understand and can help. Thank you all. Judy - There is no right time to quit. My experience was that I finally made up my mind to do it and chose Thanksgiving Day as my Q-Day. I figured if I could get through the holidays, I could get through it all. And with all on your plate right now, I'm sure you can do the same. Meg - LOL on smoking at the computer. My computer, among practically everything else I did, was a big trigger for smoking for me. But maybe that's why it's slowed down so much. :p tkusant - My mantra was just one day at a time. Before I knew it the days started piling up. I couldn't believe it when I reached 100. Freedom and Moss - My No-Ember compatriots. We're going to make it, guys withe each other's help. Again, my thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread. It has all been helpful and the 9:00 PM cravings are receding slowly but surely. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $812.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Meg...hang in there. I know all about the cravings. I have 3 kids ages 16, 11 and 8, my husband is deployed to iraq and I'm in the middle of buying a home...LOL...sometimes i think I picked the wrong time to quit but I just keep telling myself why I quit and I am also doing this for my kids. They would be heartbroken if I started again and I don't want to see that hurt look in their eyes. It does get better. We're here for you Judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ML...how about this thought....cigarette smoke damages computers. Even when I did smoke, I never smoked at the computer or the room the computer is located. Unless you want to be buying a new computer with the money you've saved on smoking, I wouldn't be smoking at the computer. Just remember N.O.P.E. [IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll13/Meg02915/no_smoking_50.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ML, the cravings are still there after 126 days. Damn, wish that wasn't true. I am on day 1, and of course its bad, but 126. I have a long way to go. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ML, Its crazy how much power addiction has eh? I think what Lady said is key ... [quote]You need to remember that we smoked for years and years. It takes a while for our bodies to get over that and to adjust to live without the cigarette. Emotions play a huge roll in this recovery process and are probably the number one reason people lose their quits.[/quote] For me, I'm going through the same ups and downs as so many people here (which tells me I'm not alone or crazy!) and I just keep telling myself that I need more time before I start feeling a little more stable and that NO MATTER what I am feeling or thinking, I will not smoke. Simple, just not so easy :) Take care, Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,200.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ML, sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. Remember you are not alone and that we can get through this! Maybe try something new that has interested you before but you never thought you could do it or it was too expensive or whatever the excuse was in the past. I am finding more and more lately that I do need to find some new distractions otherwise I might get swept up in my own emotions and smoke. I think the reading in bed is a wonderful thing you are doing for both the distraction and your health. A good night sleep can do wonders and relaxing in bed reading a book should be helping too. How about exercise or yoga? Even some light stretching before bed might help relieve tension and take away those nasty cig thoughts. Good luck this week my thoughts are with you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Natalie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,269.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ML Thinking of you today. Thanks for chiming in on the other thread. We will get over the hurdle. Stay strong and remember you are not alone. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $452.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ML actually there are quit a few charaties for baby blankets.. Michael Craft Stores (if you are in the states) often takes blocks to put together. You can call your Women'ns shelter and I think one of the projects is called Project "Linus" (from Snoopy, the little guy dragging the blanket around). I am crocheting Chemo caps.. my dear mother in law has cancer and has lost her hair, I am making one for another family member.. keep your hands busy. and freeze your tongue.. ( it helps me) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 799 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ML, It's normal to experience a change in your emotional state when quitting. Maybe you need a mid-day walk to help lift your spirits? It's very important to eat well and to drink plenty of water. Also, sleep is very important to help repair and heal. Keep persevering! Sylvie, Moderator

Reading this thread: