Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Confused

16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 588 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,025.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eh, I'm all good now. Opened the windows in the room and closed the door, went out to the garden for a while for some air. I'm ok now, I think it might have been the smell of the smoke that made me feel so strange, it felt like breathing in fumes. Everything smelt of smoke, I smelt of smoke, my hair -yuck-, and my throat hurt and headache. My dad said it was probably carbon monoxide and it would normally knock people out but I'd built up a tolerance level! I think he was joking, I think! Anyway, don't know if I wanted a cig because I already felt and smelt like one or cos I had a bit of a panic with the smoke in the first place! Either way, didn't have one I'm happy and proud to say and I'm in my pj's now so another pack of cigs bites the dust!! Ha ha, screw you cigs, you didn't get me today!! Today was a testing day, but I passed. Woke up from a happy vivid dream were I was smoking and my mom was alive, I hate it when you have to check yourself back into reality! Bad cravings, stubborness, bout of crying and indecisiveness, irritating people and then smoke filled bedroom. Ok enough rambling, I'm off to bed, goodnight folks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �81.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh God, Choose, I SO know that feeling!! "Support my quit but don't mess with me while I deal with my own consequences..." Confused is good; it means you have options. You do. Choose to be free. Once done, rooms don't matter. How cool is that??? peteg, a slimy newby because of past failure [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/25/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Paula. I was going to say wrap yourself in a rug and sleep on the couch. Have a cup of chamomile tea and watch animal planet for a while on the TV... iced water, frozen grapes, hot bath with lots of smelly salts in there to block the smokey odour... Do not smoke! Patrick OXO [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 925 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $416.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can you sleep on the couch? Sleep were you are the most comfortable and change everything in the morning. You can do this and we are behind you, 10 days is great! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*nods* i know how you feel. Just rememeber it won't last for long. It's just a craving and your addiction talking... this will pass, and with any luck you'll learn a few things from it about triggers. Do you have another set of sheets somewhere that you can put on? maybe crack open a window or light a candle? If you're in a decent financial situation.. go treet yourself to a night in a motel! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 587 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,006.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys, feel kinda confused at the moment. When I came home today, my bedroom was full of smoke- no sign of fire though. Think it was just from neighbors chimney but hopefully sorted out. Anyway, I feel really strange- as if I've just had a drag from a cig, you know when you haven't had one in ages and then you do and it makes you feel a bit light headed and floaty, disorientated. I kinda want a cig but I don't have a craving if that makes any sense? My house smells like smoke and my bed sheets and everything. Its 1am so I can't air out the house and wash the sheets till morning. I want to go for a walk and get some fresh air but I think if I do, I'll buy cigs. Its very weird, i don't feel like fighting it yet I'm posting. I feel like a don't give a crap and a bit high to be honest with you. My head is thumping! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �81.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: