Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Craving like I was on first week

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dexter!! You're there, you made 14 days & did you notice, you gained 2 days of life? 2 more days to spend with the people you love, doing the things you love because you did not smoke 560 cigarettes!! Please hang on, Dexter, take both my hands so you can't light one & we will do this together. You got through hell week & heck week & you should be so proud. Reward yourself huge, like buy a boat or something because you've been so tough & determined. Dexter, newbies are going to come here & read your old posts & be inspired by your gutsy quit. See you in the treehouse! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks unhooked & aloha I sometimes forget that it is time to give myself a break and look at the good for myself I am doing. I don't drink, don't eat fatty foods, smoking is my last vice to better health. Sometimes I jsut want one vice. Even though I know it will kill me. So I just put one foot in front of the other and try not to get to depressed. All my doc are happy with my progress. Psy. doc reminds me to give myself a break. Can't use the things like patch or the other meds. I don't react well. This to shall pass and if I do have to have a smoke, so not to lose my mind (been there done that) that will be OK. Its practice not prefection. John [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dexter buddy, look at your stats! 520 cigarettes not smoked. Imagine them all overflowing out a big disgusting filthy ashtray & think what that would smell like! Gross. You're doing great, you're doing it & you can keep doing it. See you tomorrow at the treehouse for your party! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John I hope you're remembering to congratulate yourself and feel some victory after each of those winning rounds! Every time you successfully don't smoke in response to that urge brings you closer to not having that particular urge any more. Keep up the great quit! I'm proud of you. -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi y'all, Hard crayings at times esp that one in the morning. Just white knucking and being hard headed now. Gum, candy, walking shower.... just piss me off when I'm done. Glad to read the other posts. John [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tryagain, Hang in there! No it will not last forever. Your body is adjusting to new lower level of nicotine and this may be marked by increase cravings and mild withdrawal. Get back to basic if you have to and employ the same strategies that got your through your first week. Keep persevering! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You will not have craves the rest of your life. Believe it or not there will be days that you won't even think about a smoke. Please don't get discouraged this is only temporary and look at how far you have come. You should be very proud! Keep going it is only a little longer now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$15,943.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 804 Hours: 4

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today has been a bad one for me too. Woke up craving so bad, it was like the first day. Worse in fact. On the first day, I took a 4 mg gum go get me through. I'm now down to 1/2 of a 2mg. I cut them in half. Today is especially bad though. I just did a very difficult dog. It was agony. I feel like I've gone 10 rounds with the WWF champ. What I really want to do is scream, cry and demand a cig or I'll have a tantrum, and demand it while I'm having a tantrum. This is just awful after all this time. It's disheartening too. Surely after so long I'd see a major improvement. How long will it be? Will I still be having craves after a year, five years, the rest of my life? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,190.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is normal and will pass! Use those coping mechanisms and take some you time :) Your doing great! josie
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Give the nic gum to a smoker!!! (Just leave it by the ashtray with a note 'From Father Xmas') Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,512.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: