Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Cravings vs Pleasure

16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, I missed this post over the weekend...you know what I would have told you so I don't need to go into that here. Besides, everyone else already did. Glad you are feeling better ... and dont you dare give up this quit. You have fought way too long and too hard to have it go up in smoke. You have to set an example for the younger folk. Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $431.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My godfather died from being a Cigar smoker in his early 60's. 7 years later his wife died of Emphysema, she needed oxygen in order to make her way to the coffee table where she would keep her cigarettes. The too smoked for pleasure. Stand your ground!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phew I really opened a can of worms here !!! :)I don,t think I was very clear about what I was trying to say but it realy does,nt matter because I have no intention of giving up 50 + days smoke free for a little pleasure. Yesterday was weird day for me ??? I forgot to put on the patch,would eat anything that came within arms length and kept falling asleep during the day even when I was typing on the computer ???? So fear not my friends the Bear is back to normal today !! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 959 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $530 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am at a stage of my quit where I think smokers look somewhat foolish puffing away. But a Bear with a cigar? What next - smoking Horses?? Mr Ed :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 454 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3405 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bear - Make a copy of the post by Rusty here - and read it and read it (and read it again). Put a sticky on the bathroom mirror, on the computer your coffee cup - it's simple and true - all of what she said. NOPE not ONE puff of any of it! :) Healer w/ a chainsaw (that will frighten a few here) lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 434 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2018.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bgear, WHere's the peasure in being a slave to the addiction? Where's the pleasure in dying from a smoking related illness? I don't see any pleasure there. I must say that you have a very creative and clever junkie!!! Your junkie has convinced you that your junkie thoughts are not REALLY junkie thoughts and therefore, are not cravings... but "pleasure" wanters. WHAT DO YOU THINK CRAVINGS ARE?!?! Cravings are what want us to have "just one." Cravings are what make us think that we really enjoyed smoking and gained "pleasure" from it and therefore, we should go back to it! Do you think that junkie thoughts, cravings and that "need for nicotine" can't happen simply because you're on the patch??? Of course they can! That's why no aid is 100% successful - because if NRTs got rid of ALL junkie thoughts, then NOBODY on an NRT would EVER go back to smoking... but they do! So please, recognize these thoughts for what they really are... junkie thoughts. And that idea of "just one" will bite you in the butt if you listen to it! I promise you that! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 695 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2870.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OH NO BEAR... MONICA'S GOT THE CHAIN SAW. YA BETTER HOPE HER AIM IS GOOD.... OR YA MAY LOSE SOMETHING MORE PLEASURABLE THAN YOUR CIGAR.....YIKES!!!!!! :8o: lol lol Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $496.17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear, a couple of thoughts...please don't take offense. You didn't have cravings when you smoked cigars, because you were satisfying them by smoking. Just like those of us who smoked cigarettes. We always thought of them as pleasurable, because they relieved that teeny little start of a withdrawal. Second thought: [quote] if anything is going to bring me down this is it. [/quote] That should be your clue. Good luck! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 880 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24,661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3080 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$54,662.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 645 Hours: 11

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear... I HAVE a chainsaw and it's not the seed I will do damage to..lol! Get those thoughts out of your head. Find something equally as pleasurable and focus on THAT. DO NOT think for a moment that it is not a craving.. there is in my view a fine line between a craving and a pleasure. In this particular case it is junkie thinking and it is a craving. What you need to do is not come near my home in Toronto else I'll have to get out the saw.. and you don't want to have to deal with ME! (((((((((hugs))))))) buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! ! ! Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1080 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, Substitute something else that you really enjoy and make this your focus. You are doing extremely well and are on the right path, so continue on and keep pushing forward. Digest the smart seed that will let you know that yes, one can hurt! Who's got the weeder? Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: