Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,627 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

Music as a quit aid

17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found the right music to be EXTREMELY helpful early on (back on day 3!) and still do when I'm feeling a bit low. Here's a few others! [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=35345&forum=1]Inspirational Music[/url] x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �544.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Being an old horse, I like the sentiments in the Hollies 60's song He aint heavy (He's my brother), because its words echo the struggle of the quit, along with the idea of helping others on the way: 'The road is long With many a winding turn That leads us to who knows when Who knows where.. But I'm strong Strong enough to carry him He aint heavy - He's my brother' Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 421 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,646 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3157.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, This is a great coping mechanism and it can help you get through the day. Take a look at the list and make a CD to listen in the car, at home or during exercise. Let's keep the lyrics to a minimum, so that the thread doesn't get to long :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree... "Up" by Shania Twain.. "Up, up, up, can only go up from here" "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow" by Fleetwood Mac "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, don't stop, it'll soon be here, It'll be here, better than before, yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone." "I Believe" by Chilliwack 'I believe, there's been a change in me, and I believe that it was meant to be" "Oh can't you see, I believe in you and me" They can sooooo pick you up! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 911 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $379.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You mean Britney Spears wasn't singing about beating her nicotine cravings in 'Hit me baby, one more time'? :D OK, I can't remember the words. But Guns 'N' Roses 'The Garden' is a song about dealing with addiction I believe : You know you're all alone Your friends they aren't at home Everybody's gone to the garden As you look into the trees You can look but you don't see The flowers seem to tease you at the garden Everybody's there, but you don't seem to care What's it with you man, and this garden Turned into my worst phobia, A crazy man's utopia If you're lost no one can show ya, But it sure was glad to know ya Only poor boys take a chance, On the garden's song and dance, Feel her flowers as they wrap around, But only smart boys do without [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was just posting on another thread about how music and song lyrics help keep me strong. It made me think we should start a list of songs that help us through and keep us motivated. Sometimes a title alone or part of the lyrics help, but be careful because sometimes when you really listen to lyrics you discover a song DOES NOT mean what you thought it did! Some song examples off the top of my head: "Now I'm strong enough to live without you Strong enough, now I've quit crying long enough, now I'm strong enough to know - you've got to go" - Strong Enough by Cher "I have a dream, a song to sing to give me hope, through anything if you see the wonder of a fairy tale you can see the future, even if you fail I believe in angels, something good in everything I see I believe in angels, when I know the time is right for me. I'll cross the stream, I have a dream" - I have a Dream - Abba/Mamma Mia Soundtrack Other possibilities are "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benetar (for when you really want to kick ash against those cravings) and "Help" by the Beatles. Please add on to this list! - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$119,586.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 21

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stand By Me by Sam Cooke (For all of us on SSC) Hugs To Everyone, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like how this is going. I've got a few more. "Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson "Eye of The Tiger" - Survivor "Goodbye to You" - Scandal *** This is probably the happiest goodbye song ever written! **** I had more written down, but I can't find them at the moment. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$119,586.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 21

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Crazy by Patsy Cline (If We Don't Quit!!) Paint It Black (IF WE DON'T QUIT) A Change Is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke (After We Quit) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bob Dylan ~Blowin in the Wind~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,763 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $281.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: