Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

embarassed with me

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holygeez, I'm right there with you. I've lost steam and just asked my husband if he wanted to have a cigarette today. I won't but the umph has gone out of me today. Good for you for dusting yourself off and taking the day off. That's what I'm doing too. Perhaps I should get up and do something to take my mind of wanting to run out and get smokes. Hang in there. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
boink them over the head with my lollipop, thanks again for the laugh!! Imallclear, you're too funny. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i caved last night...ticked off about something. although i was very disappointed with myself afterward it did reinforce my wanting to quit. it tasted like crap and made me feel pretty nasty. i'm not beating myself up over my slight downfall, afterall...i'm human and apt to err. funny thing though, for the life of me i can't figure out why i started to begin with. either way, i'm still here and up for the fight. i'm back on the wagon this morning so make room! i took a mental health day from work and am anxious to de-smellify my house and my clothes. **hangin' in, hangin' on** trace :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holy, Did you clean your environment? Did you have to go to a store to buy them? Having them on-hand just in case is a big mistake. I did that and lost the battle over a year ago. I'm back again now and on day 5 . No cigs in my house. Sometimes, the drive to the store will give you enough time to conquer the craving. Good luck and don't beat yourself up over the slip. What matters is that your back with us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holygeez, Glad to see your not giving up. Something for you to think about. One day on the way home from church...the hubby and the kid's were just razzing me, trying to get my goat...well, with trying to kick the habit...I didn't think it was funny at all, and they were relentless....I lost it. I ordered my husband to pull over into the next gas station...I was buying a pack of smokes, and that was that...all three members of my family burst into laughter. I must have been quite a site with loosing all composure and control. My thought process at that moment was I thought I could not handle feeling all that anxiety, frustration, madness all balled into one big huge "MADNESS"...I was out of my mind. My husband did NOT pull over into any gas station, and we proceeded home...guess what...it took all of 5-10 minutes for this huge wave of anxiety and frustration to go away, and then I was fairly fine, with one or two hairs standing up on the back of my neck (residual from their taunting). Stress is ALWAYS going to be in our lives....how do non-smoker's deal with frustration and stress without cigerette's. Many corporate VP's and Presidents do not smoke and yet they have pressure every day. If other's can do it...why can't we. You have to find a way to deal with stress without smoking. This takes patience with yourself, lot's of deep breathing and the knowledge that it can be done. Good for you for continueing on...but remember...Not One Puff Ever from now on....NOPE!!!!!! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Gis! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm scoot'n over. but, it will help for you to get a handle on triggers. People ticking me off is a trigger for me too. I don't see why everyone doesn't behave the way I want them to, or at least decently, or at least stay away from me. Life would be so much more pleasant. Now that I quit smoking, I just boink them over the head with my lollipop when they get out of line. i started figuring that if i smoke when i'm ticked off then i'm the one loosing out. first i've eliminated myself from the scene b/c i went to have a smoke, secondly, by doing that the offending party gets the floor, and lastly and long term, i'm eliminating the earth of decent people like myself with a slow suicide. mmmmmmmm [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you jumped back on that horse! It's important not to beat ourselves up if we slip. It happens. Karen. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holygee,, Hang in the best you can! You did the right thing by posting within our support group. Look at what made you slip this time and come up with a plan to overcome temptation when it happens again. Can our members share with us how they got though stressful stages of their quit without slipping? Holy needs some advice :). Thanks, Melanie ___________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: