Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Thanks for last night and is crying normal and cravings

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I realized that those who replied to my introduction last night that a drag here and there (or as per yesterday 3.5 cigs), that I was only prolonging the agony. I spent another 2 hours this morning completing the tools on this site and cried throughout the whole process with my 4 year old sitting next to me. I told her I'm sick (I am, I'm addicted). I'm no longer crying. My coping techniques for today are deep breathing, imagining attending my child's college graduation (when I'll be in my 60's), living a smoke free life after smoking for 30 years and being proud of kicking this monkey. I've been lurking too and wow, those of you who have month's and years under your belt still have cravings? I'll do some more research on addiction. I read about Phil and the clinic (I think it was Phil). Maybe a stop smoking support group, like AA, is another coping technique that would help my situation. I do have my husband, who is also quitting with me for support. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. Any time I spend reading and writing is more time spent not smoking. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Imallclear, I'm so glad you're here. I have tears in my eyes again! I was just feeling better LOL. You're right, so right. The most important thing I've done today is to be here. My daugther is right next to me playing with her computer. Now I'm laughing again. I'm copying your reply and adding it to my journal. Thanks. That oxygen mask was the ticket to let go of the guilt I had for *wasting* my day. I didn't waste one second. I'm still puff free and I swear to you I will be here tomorrow morning with 1 day on my ticker and how good will that feel! Thank you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Sorry typo and I don't know how to fix but 330 cigs avoided in the last 11 days. And thanks for the reassurance that the cravings won't be as intense as they are today! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Man, I must have said thanks 80 times today, but THANKS. I've been here almost all day. Nothing was attended to, no wash, no food shopping, no dinner (yet). I called my husband for support, my sister who is quit about 8 weeks. I also called the Chantix support help line as today is not typical for me - I have a job that drains me which causes the most stress for me. I think that is my biggest stress factor - work. Since I started here in the wee hours last night I have not had one drag or puff. NOT ONE in 12 hours now (4 of those hours I slept). I understand the 330 cigarettes I didn't have in the last day don't matter as I cheated and prologned the agony but I can't look back, right. That is the longest I've ever gone in 30 years, apart from flying to Europe and eating nicotine gums. I'll hang around :). I even told my parenting support group I'ld catch them in another month or so as posting on two support groups - my family will never get fed (ah, some humor in my day), I'm actually laughing. What a wild and crazy day so far. And thanks to Josie and the Support Center. I think you guys just may be the ticket for me. Cheers :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Monica and Debbie, you're replies are also now in my journal, a printed sheet that I'll keep with me, on my fridge, near my desktop and my bed. I CAN"T WAIT TO BE HERE WITH A ONE NEXT TO MY NAME. And I couldn't have done it today if I hadn't of found this site last night. My boss, who is a difficult man, actually sent me an email that blew me away. He knows I smoke(d) didn't know I stopped yet again and the verse he put in was another entry in my journal. I have a journal! I never had a stop smoking journal. I love to laugh and will seek out those who are witty! And I don't mind a laugh at myself either. What a great day this has been. #81 Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there freedomforme, I've only been here a few days and can say it's been a godsend to have people who understand and strength building ammunition available 24/7! Loads of support here. Wish you all the best. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That was a scary thing for me too. Reading some of the posts that had some 300+ days on their quit and still craving but then it was pointed out to me by a great supporter that everyone is different. There was a lot of crying in the beginning of my quit also but it does pass. Hang in there, it is sooo worth the fight. And remember....the fight is short compaired to the rest of your life. Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sometimes everything else has to slide. It kind of reminds me of the emergency talk on the airplane - if you need to use the oxygen mask, first put it on yourself then, put it on the child. Otherwise, you might wind up passed out and the child has no one to care for him. Let the laundry pile up. Let dinner be makeshift. The time you are dedicating right now is laying the groundwork to a healthier you and your family. Pamper yourself - it is not selfishness, it is putting the oxygen mask on yourself first. You need to protect your quit. Make it count :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
vulnerability is normal since quitting smoking is stripping away deadly defense mechanisms. Just set your sights on the big picture of realizing a more well-adjusted you, and the benefit to those around you. Buckle your seat belt - it's gonna be a rough ride, but, you're gonna make it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 56 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: