Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Day one and now I am feeling anxious

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations and keep it up. I'm on 8 hours smoke free and Chantix and inspired by anyone who has gone 24 hours. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have now been smoke free for 12 hours. YES!!! :8o: The more time that I am smoke free the more it excites me. I now know that I can do this, I mean really do this. I am having an urge to smoke again now that I am at home and wanted to chat with a few people to get support to not pick up that cigarette. Does anyone use the IM and if so, how can I launch it from my home computer? It keeps getting blocked and I cant seem to figure out how to unblock it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh yes! More than ever now! I woke up this morning, fought the craving for a cigarette and realized that my first goal was to make it 24 hours without smoking and I did it!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anxiety can be a part of any addiction. Cigarettes is no exception. Now is a time to pamper yourself. You don't have to respond to or initiate anything. You need to focus on your quit. Go slow and like you said, each minute will add up and before you know it, you will look back and will have another day under your belt. It will get easier and easier. We're with you. Yea!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 55 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Did you get on? I see you are logged in. Did you turn off pop up blockers on both the browser and the antivirus? do you have a firewall? did you turn that off for this site? You might have to reboot to make them take effect, too. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/helloparrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you! YOU CAN DO IT! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $936 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 297 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2004.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
how are you, kimmylou ? are you still excited ? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 732 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4758 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 105 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$12,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 13

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't smoke! You are doing great...just chug along and keep not smoking. That's the only way to quit! Meanwhile, you have to turn your pop-up blocker off as well as your security software (like Norton Antivirus). Sometimes it takes a couple of tries. Also you'll need to add quit buddies. Good luck! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 750 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2625 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 104 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$55,265.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 652 Hours: 14

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kimmy, Congrats and welcome to our smoke free world! To launch the IM, click the icon above the forums marked launch. If you have any problems with the IM, please contact us via the feedback section. Everyone's screen name is the same as their user name on the SSC forums. How to Add Members: 1. Log into the SSC. 2. Launch the SSC Quitting Buddies Instant Messenger. 3. Click �Add New Contact� at the top of the screen. 4. A screen will pop up. Insert the nickname of the Buddy (their nickname is the name that they use in the Support Group) that you want to add to your contact list and click �Add� 5. You can now begin chatting with your Buddy You will also have to allow the pop-up for it to work for you :) Hope this helps. Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: