Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Yesterday was like starting all over

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Next time that happens, have your alter personalities give my alter personalities a call...they can occupy each other. Congratulations to you for getting through!!! It's inspirational!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WINDY! CONGRATS ON 70 DAYS ! ! ! ! ! You are one heck of woman.. a true inspiration :) I sure hope you have a wonderful reward planned for yourself ! Time to celebrate hon ... [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Firework.gif[/IMG] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 409 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Windy, You had just posted a message to me and then at the end said you have to go put the patch on and that you almost forgot. Well, it just goes to show .. that the craves will still be hitting even as far into your quit. I'm glad you won over the nicodemon and rode through the crave. It sounds like it was a real tough one sweetie.. but you won! [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Firework.gif[/IMG] And that's something to celebrate !!! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 405 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, It's so amazing to me the things that trigger the craves. I think sometimes that there is no situation in which we did not smoke, so EVERYTHING is a trigger but maybe that's cuz I smoked for my entire adult and some of adolescent life too, but that's straying from the point (which I'm very good at doing) which is that remember when you were bored and smoking, you were still bored. You only smoked because there was nothing else to do. Well, now we have a perfect opportunity to do learn something about ourselves and learning how to combat boredom is one of these. I have found lots of things to do besides stand in the cold and suck up hot fumes. It's amazing, but I don't miss that part at all! Imagine that! Video games, books, computer card games, even calling old friends for a chat have all come into play lately. And there is one more thing, too. Closets need cleaning out once in awhile... you'd be amazed at what you can find in a closet after about 6 years in a house :8o: Hugs, Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/bigeyebird.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,063 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $262.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
windy i understand you very well... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,072 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you All Jan - I've sent that other personality to play with Kait's other personality - they can duke it out. Katy - I'd love it if these tests would just stop completely but I made it (Phew - wipes sweat off brow) Ex-slave - Thanks (it was quite a battle - have a mouth full of cancers to prove it - tootsie pop mouth) Monica - You are so right...how can one day be so easy and another one so tough! Guess we better enjoy all the good ones! Josie - Yep (I guess it's one of those 70 day things - time to celebrate) Phil - Oh good! Thank goodness tomorrow is Tuesday - I was wondering when then this was all going to come together! Ericon - Thanks for sharing. I was honestly getting frustrated. There was a period in my quit that was so calm and now sometimes I feel like a smoker again who is going through withdrawal....I keep my coping tools close for the next 10 days....getting ready for battle! Denise - You are right - I promise to try everything but the closet cleaning (however, I'm not opposed to watching someone else clean out the closet) I was actually taking a delayed 60 day reward today...but I guess it's my 70 day - Took the morning off - slept in, went to aquafit and a nice tan (needed a little sunshine after all those dull days last week). Thanks all for your support! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday, I had cravings like that it was the first week all over again. They were so bad, I'm pretty sure they hurt. Everything was fine until I got home at 4:00. I didn't want to do housework, I hadn't made any plans with friends and I was all alone! Basically, I was bored silly and I really really wanted to smoke. It got so bad, I crawled into bed for 1/2 hour just to see if they would go away. Eventually, I got on the computer and played endless games of cards while eating tootsie pop after tootsie pop. By the time hubby got home, I had a whole bowl full of sticks!! Today, slept in...did laundry, gassed up the car, went to the gym, had a nice brunch with hubby and forgot to put on patch until 7:00 tonight....Amazing that you can almost cave one day and then forget your patch the next. Perhaps there are multiple personalities living in this brain of mine??? Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to know you're feeling better, Windy. Yesterday was just "one of those days". Sleeping is a great option. I'm up for that anytime. Good to know you let the good personality out to play today. Keep up the great work. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy mate I recognise these symptoms I have had several days like this along the way.I even began to think these are not cravings I must be ill !!!!!! Good day,bad day no logical answer. All I can say is that now I still get bad days but more good days.Today is great and in the morning it will be Tuesday. Remember Tuesday is the day when everything will be fine (not sure which Tuesday?????) Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,088 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �546 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy; I had a similiar experience, ironically around the same time of quit that you have. It was an evening of very intense craving, not smoking thoughts, but actual craving where I almost lost my quit after 2-1/2 months. I'm a cold turkey so this is in my opinion, nothing physical in nature at all but simply our mind's ability (our subconscious addiction) to sabatage us. It was especially troublesome for me as after Hell/Heck week, I have not craved at all. Smoking "thoughts" yes, but even that was minor. Following that evening (think Custer's last stand but we're wearing the feathers!)I had more craving at a lessor degree which shook my resolve for about 10 days. Now that its passed I am once again no longer craving, rarely thinking of smoking (except when I'm here) and thinking that it was my 'addictions last stand' at getting at me. Whether this is true for you or not, I don't know. But as others mentioned, you distracted, you posted, you got through it. The only thing I can add is try not to let it shake your resolve in any way. Good Job Dear! Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $681.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: