Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Not sure what to do

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi quit sister! I know exactly where you are! But listen, it doesn't have to be this way. You are fighting the quit instead of fighting the addiction. Somewhere on here someone posted, relax into the crave, embrace it, feel it, acknowledge it. And then let it go. Truly, if you do this, the crave will go away. Last week I was where you are, and if you will just let go, it does get easier, I PROMISE. And PLEASE don't ever think you have to get through any of this by yourself. We are always here to help, even if you just want to scream and beat your pillow. Hang in there, this too will pass, which sounds like crap when you are in the crave zone, but is really true! Honest! Protect yourself, take care of yourself, pamper yourself, just don't give into the addiction. {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/Small_parrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky - I've been away "toasting" my good friends at SCC and am so glad to come back and see that you are all hanging in there. I think sometimes I was lucky that my workplace was smoke-free for so many years. I had already deleted those smoking memories. There was a time that I did not think I could talk on phone, write reports, etc. without a smoke....but now I don't even think about smoking then. I think this has helped me deal with the "down" time because I figure that if it can happen at work, it can happen after work and on weekends too. (I just wish quitting smoking was like a monopoly game and you could proceed directly to GO without all the nasty stops in between) Anyway, have been thinking about you guys lots. Sending lots of {{hugs}} and prayers! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,055 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, so glad you woke up smoke free. And glad for you to see your son as well. I know your going through a really rough period, but take this 10 minutes at a time if you have to. And most importantly take care of yourself. Keep posting Sparky! I need my quit buddy. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 523 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky, Let it all out!!!! Scream, shout, and whatever else it takes. Periods like this suck big time. Been there many times. After reading Gonna's post, I've decided to see my Doctor about Chantix. I can feel the edginess creeping up on me! Why don't you talk to your Doc? Here for you whenever you need it. Keep strong and God Bless You. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not sure what to do email me and let off steam! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,702 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �446.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not sure what to do? I have 2 words for you. [size=4][color=red]REWARD TIME!!!!!![/size][/color] You're in the middle of Blah week where you're just kinda... well... blah. I know that feeling... personally, I think blah week lasts a heck of a lot longer than a week! But anyways, it sounds like a nice reward is in order. Be good to yourself today. Do something fun and rewarding that will lift your spirits! Rent a movie or go shopping or do something else fun that you will really enjoy. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,243 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1523.97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky I have a simple answer keep walking. I'm not traveling or have sons.
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yell, cry, hit your pillows, do whatever but don't smoke. You can do this, it may be time for a reward,..... Hope you feel better marie :gasp: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $564 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I survived the day, and hope you have also. I'm always a bit ashamed after a bad time...doesn't seem nearly as bad after I've calmed down! You are stronger than you think, and this is just another bump in the road. Hope you come here soon amd post...a bit worried about you! (((hugz))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you woke up smoke free. That's the important thing. Whatever it takes. How exciting that your baby is coming home! Stress isn't generated only in times of strife, but when good things happen they can be stressful as well. Perhaps your son's arrival will be a positive distraction for you. In any event, make sure to take time for yourself--like those lengthy walks! Take a good look at your meter, Sparky! How long has it been since you've seen those numbers? WAY TO GO! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: