Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Please read this if you are taking statins

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phil, Glad to hear you've got to the bottom of this problem. Your counsellor sounds like they know more than the doctor did a couple of days ago! Thank goodness for a strong support network, eh? Well done, Phil. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. You did well not to start smoking again, under the circumstance! Big reward, I reckon!!! Best wishes, Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,206 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I mean statins not stains! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
I really feel that the dangers of stains are not well publicised..... Stii there you go we live and we learn Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
The symptoms we associate with statin induced dolicol inhibition are a broad range of affective disorders, reflecting alteration of neuropeptides, known as brain cell messengers. Very fewphysicians and almost no patients are aware of the many case reports of statin associated hostility, aggression, road-rage type behavior, accident proneness and depression of varying degrees with its inevitable suicidal ideation, attempts and occasional successes. JUST FOUND THIS!! I dont mean this to warn you off statins but to indicate that starting smoking again will possibly not be a solution to your issues! (It was getting so bad that it had crossed my mind) Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Statins are a group of drugs that control Cholesterol levels. I started taking statins at the same time as I gave up smoking. I have had all sorts of symptoms along the way but more recently (10 plus weeks in) they have been getting steadily worse. My Counsellor was of the opinion that the nicotine withdrawal was not theprob(I am on patches). I have been disorientated,nervous,unable to concentrate etc etc to a much greater degree than when I first gave up. Saw my doctor and as of Tues 2 days ago she has cut out the statins. I have a newspaper article today that exposes statins as giving just the side effects I have described.So if you are on the damn things and you do have probs dont assume its old Nick speak with your doctor!! Feeling better today hope the darn things are wearing off!! When I have a few more mins I will type in some quotes from the article. Smoke Free and Statin free in Wokingham Berks! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, thank you for posting this, I googled for the article, I found one from the university of San Diego, wow, I've been taking statins for 20 years and often wondered why my hands felt numb at times, well seems it's a side effect. I will print the article and bring it to my doc. Thanks for sharing Phil. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Um ... that is suppose to be feel, not fell. This must be the type-o thread. LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,845 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $644 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,478.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5953 Hours: 12

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whoa! I'm glad your doctor figured out what was truly going on with you Phil. You must fell relieved. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,845 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $644 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$54,478.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5953 Hours: 12

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: