Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

cravings have returned

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go on beating one of your triggers! Perhaps we could just trade hubbies for a day or two at times like these. Duckie and Gonna are certain they are married to the same man so it won't work for them. I kinda like mine right now so I think that I'll keep him...but I'm sure I wouldn't mind trading afew days from now. Mind you - Please don't ask him how many times he wanted to trade me in the last few weeks....Stats might be staggering! Hope all is well this evening. Glad you posted and are still going strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Valic, for overcoming the cravings! You're doing very well!!! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone, I got into a fight with Hubby before work and I am craving. I forgot that this is one of my triggers. I have done deep breathing and I am popping my mints. I plan to go for a walk around my building. Thats what I have done to replace my cig breaks, I walk. I guess nicodemon can creep up whenever, even when you least expect it. If I hadn't been going to work I might have THOUGHT about going to the store. So I guess Lucky for me I was going to work! lol. Well just needed to post, thanks everyone! N.O.P.E.~Valic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 452 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $477 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone, Sunflower, yes I rewarded myself yesterday with pizza for lunch. It has been such a long time since I had pizza since I am trying to watch my weight (who isn't!) so that was nice. Windy- I am glad that you like your husband right now lol. I have been watching you and you are doing great! Plus your posts always give me inspiration to keep going so thank you. And to everyone thank you as always. Your support has brightened my day once again and made me see that no matter what smoking is not the answer! Thank you!!!!!! N.O.P.E. ~Valic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 457 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $482.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You handled the situation very well, valic! Congrats on those 90 days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I simply have no idea what Windy means! ;p Actually, at present, hubby and I are getting along fine. Of course, tomorrow... :eg:...who knows? I have learned that when he pours a bowl of cereal to leave the room so his bowl-scraping doesn't bother me. For awhile I had thoughts of cramming that spoon down his throat :blush: There is a term for all this, Valic and Windy, it's called 'marriage' (intermingled with PMS, craving and withdrawals, stress, etc...) Unfortuantely, I have a feeling all of us have been married long enough that the warranty has expired! :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/bigemo_harabe_net-117.gif[/IMG] Congrats on 90 days Valic. Sounds like you have those coping skills down. Always keep em' handy. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,545 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $604 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$54,562.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5962 Hours: 19

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi valic - Being aware of what our triggers are gives us amaazing insight :) Keep your guard up, friend - you are doing beautifully!! Healer [url=[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/lilfairy.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/lilfairy.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 219 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1018.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Valic, 90 days is great! Having an argument or fight with my hubby used to be a big trigger for me too. I did the same as you, took deep breaths and walked away from the situation. Have you rewarded yourself today? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1035 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Valic, Keep strong with those 90 days and do what it takes to keep your quit! You are almost at 100 days and we can't wait to celebrate with you :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: