Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

major slip up but need to keep going

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dont be so hard on your self I am sure that there are few people who will slip up me included main thing is to learn to not give up ie just cos of one misshap doesnt eliminate all the hard work acheived so far....one ciggie is better than 20/40 or 60 plus I think it lets your brain deal with this behaviour pattern so that you can carry on and not slip up in future!!
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks butterfly your the one that made me see that i needed to admit my falling and get back with it. Thanks for your suport and everyone else and sparky its you and i 8-18-06 we will have to stick close on this one and flowerpot you keep going girl.
  • Quit Meter

$163,490.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 12

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
as with flowerpot and others I have seen post on the sight today I also had a major slip last night. I was at a resturant out on the patio (where the smokers sit) and was drinking some wine and boom next thing I knew I was begging someone for a cig. What a mistake after 3 weeks. butterfly swimmer had a great response to flowerpot with her story about keep going on. I was not going to tell anyone on the sight and just know in my heart what I did then I thought that is not being up front and the lying would make me keep smoking. I am going to set my date for 8/18/2006 and start again. That saying I am one puff away from a pack a day is so true, when I woke up this morning was in my husbands pants looking for cigs wow what a addicted junkie yikes. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$163,490.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 12

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shaila, [quote] one ciggie is better than 20/40 or 60 plus I think it lets your brain deal with this behaviour pattern so that you can carry on and not slip up in future!! [/quote] I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this. I do think it's important to be a little hard on yourself after a slip... otherwise, what's to stop it from happening again??? And how is one cig better than 20, 40 or 60? "Just one" [b]leads[/b] to 20, 40, 60 and more! "Just one" leads to "just one more" which leads to "just one pack" which leads to "just one carton" and so on...... That's a very dangerous attitude to have. Sure, one cigarette isn't the end of the world, but it's also not something that should be overlooked as "not a big deal." I've seen too many people on this site think that one cigarette isn't a big deal... most of them usually go back to smoking. I don't want to see that happen to you, sterk or anybody. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,361 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1214.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sterk, I'm glad you came here and said that. It's not so much for our benefit as it is yours... it's really easy to smoke and think, "who's gonna know?" but if you come here and tell everyone about it, you're more likely to be able to counter that junkie thinking with "[i]I[/i] will know! And so will everyone on the SSC because I will tell them! I know I will!" I know that was what finally did it for me... when every other reason to not smoke wasn't good enough, I knew that I didn't EVER want to come here and tell the good folks here that I'd screwed up again! And Lord willing, I never will! And I hope you don't either. I'm proud of you for coming here and telling us all... I know how hard that is. But just get back to the quit and you'll be fine. Whatever you do, don't let yourself do it again! Glad you're back at the quit! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1210.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/hugs12.gif[/IMG] If at first you fail, try, try, try again. PrincessC x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shaila one ciggie is one too many, if you smoke you're a smoker if you don't smoke you're a non-smoker. No ciggie allowed :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,004 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sterk, thanks for your reply earlier. It's nice to know we can start again. We have been given another chance. I can't wait for tomorrow. I was getting upset with myself, but what good is that? Anyway let's get this done this time ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly is a wise woman - listen closely. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 490 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1715 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$794,745.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 18

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: