Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Weekends

18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now mama I am with you completely on this one. I used to smoke like a chimney when I did the housework, now I really need to get some cleaning done this weekend, and that is going to be tough... because I am not smoking. I hope you have net access at home.. if so, everytime you get a craving POST POST POST... I did yesterday and yes it worked. I felt like it wasnt just me, but everyone here supporting me beating the craving. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MAMA DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE THIS WEEKEND!! Make sure you have all food etc before children leave and get into your duties!! Do 1boring duty first then something fun-perhaps gardening?? Knitting?? or do what you feel like?? Do a bit here and there and do NOT worry about half finsished projects.. Have the radio on if you like that? phone someone.. BE HERE>> well.. what else?? DO NOT GIVE IN!!! PLEASE [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/smoke.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama, I have been thinking of you and wondering how you have been doing. I know exactly what you mean when it comes to housework and smoking. I have my babies Christening on Sunday and everyone is coming back to my place after for lunch. So you can imagine, I am going over the house with a toothbrush. I have thought about cigs at least 15 times today alone. When I clean the house I use to set little task lists and challenges to complete before I would stop for smoko. "I'll just get this, this and that done then I'll have a smoke and a cuppa". It was like a reward. I was working and working and really started to need a break. My feet started to ache and I got hungry. So I stopped and ate and had a cup of tea instead of my usual coffee. As soon as I finished I got back up and started again. The longer you stew over it the harder it gets. Just remind yourself how far you have come and how much quicker you get the work done without having to stop every half hour for cigs. I made it through a day of housework and did it without the smokes. Yes it was tough but the more you face these situations the better you will get at winning the fight. Every step, every hour, every minute without a cig is a success and massive achievment. I have found that when I start to think about having one I simply say to myself out loud "I am a non smoker. I dont do that anymore. Arnt I clever" Maybe try rewarding with something else. Maybe a cold drink. Or a 10 or 20min read of your fav magazine, or even come and visit us all and gain some support and strength while you have your break. There is nothing nicer than a clean house. Such a sense of achievement. Be positive. You can do this. I am with you. I am thinking of you!! Jo xx Ps You are doing so great. I hope you are proud of yourself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just so it makes sense, it is 11.20pm here in oz right now. Our day of the 16th is just about over. Jo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
how about treating yourself to a massage or a facial or a shopping trip ---- hire someone to do the cleaning with all the money you've saved by not smoking!!! Enjoy all the rewards of YOUR life as a non-smoker. Best of luck Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, I'm going to bed now but tomorrow starts the beginning of my weekend because I took off tomororrow to go get my son at summer camp. I have been having the worse time with weekends, so I thought maybe I would get some advise and encouragement to begin with. I think the reason I have such a hard time with weekends is that the cigs are accessable to me here at home. I spend as much time away from home as possible but this weekend, I really have to get some housework done. It has been two weeks and these teenagers are sooooo messy. I have been avoiding doing it because I smoked like a chimney while I did housework. Last weekend, I almost didn't make it. So anything new anyone can sudgest? Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 13

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tell your daughter that if she does not put her cigs away and you find them out that you are going to throw them away. As far as the housework goes ... just imagine how much faster you will be done because you are not smoking while doing it or taking breaks for a smoke! Then you will have so much more of your weekend left to do something fun! If you take a break while cleaning ... grab a favorite drink and magazine, post on here, watch a 30 minute show ... or you could go get a pedicure after you are done cleaning the house as a reward. You could get a maid as a reward. Ok ... I'm getting wild here! heh! Sue me! You can do this Mama ... look at you go! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 17

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, I thought daughter was going to hide cigs WAY AWAY ---- tell her again you don't want them around. Keep yourself busy with outdoor activities (weather permitting) or take a day trip to a non smoking facility. I got plenty of weeds that need pulling at my house, that's what I will be doing tomrrow morning while trying to get some sun on my winterized legs. Stay tough and hang in there Mama. Enjoy your weekend and look forward to not smoking, be PROUD of yourself! CobenFan (Christine) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,417 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama, I agree with CobenFan; tell your daughter NOT to leave those cigs around. Tell her to keep them hidden in her room. Now for the cleaning part. I know exactly what you are feeling. I actually didn't want the weekend to come in the beginning of my quit. They were the absolute hardest! However, I mananged them. I went about my cleaning and gardening, and staying busy. And you know what? Now, they are no problem anymore. I can clean the house without thinking of a smoke! I never thought that would happen!! I have broken that trigger. The relationship between cleaning/laundry and a smoke has been broken!!!! So I was told: When you tackle one trigger, it makes it that much easier the next time. So I know it is hard, but you have to tackle it if you are ever going to get over it. I used to blast the music while I cleaned. It always brought my spirits up. Oh, and whenever I got the crave, I just sang like a maniac. Have the SSC already logged on. That way, if your craves get to strong, you are already ready to post. Take care of yourself ~ Treat yourself to something this weekend. Not that this is a good idea, weight wise, but every weekend, my girls and I would make it to the icecream store, and get a child-size icecream sundae. They are not very expensive, and I needed to reward myself. You can even buy a nice smelling candle to light after you clean. Or buy some new plug-ins to make it smell nice. We will be here for you!! You can do this!! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama - Don't pick em up. Don't light one. Get someone else to do the housework. (lol) Seriously - get a grip on yourself. It's not a question of availability. If you wanted cigarettes at work, they'd be there, you know where to get them. You're busy at work so you don't think about smoking much. Home for the weekend... hmm... Get busy with the housework and deal with the craves that come. A crave goes away, you know that. You need to get through it one way or another. You can't stop doing what you have to do because you quit right? I know it's tough at the point your at right now - but it gets SO MUCH EASIER VERY SOON! Don't smoke - deal with it - you CAN do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,547 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $858.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$100,047.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9162 Hours: 20

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: