Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Need Help

18 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If I could say something to you within a couple of hours of you waking up it would be - - - WELL DONE ON YOUR QUIT, YOU ARE A STAR!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back - you have achieved so much, hang on in there, protect your quit at all costs Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
.... ok, so you have no nicotine in your body now. But ... your brain has got conditioned over the years this constant provision of a 'fix' - then the wait for the next one. It will take time for brain to get out of that routine. Listen to some of the 'Elders' on this site - they will tell you how they rarely have cravings now. I believe that slowly, but surely, I am getting to this point. There is no way I will give up my quit because it is getting stronger day by day. It is worth the wait Mr Ed :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,289 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �817.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rightoguy, Need to know more. Did you quit cold turkey or otherwise? Mr Ed :)
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not familiar w/ taking Zyban - but maybe that can account for a little more anxiety & craving??
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rightoguy, Being only a couple of days ahead of you, I totally GET where you're coming from. It's not been all week but I was cravin like crazy yesterday to the point of being a totally cranky person! I don't really want a cigarette - so I don't get this either. Guess we are just at that point in our quit where the nicodemon is trying his last chance to get us sucked back in. No explanation as to why we start craving all of the sudden. Keep moving forward one day at a time. We can kick ole nic's butt - no problem. Hang Tough & Stay Strong! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, Its been more than 9 weeks since I quit week. This week has been very bad for me. I have these huge cravings. I just feel like having one cigarette. Everyday, I get up and tell I will not smoke today. But within 2 hours I feel like running for a smoke. I am having a tug of war with myself. Anyone, please help any remedy?????? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... rG [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $268 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
I had Zyban for 7 weeks and now I have stopped taking Zyban. So this is the 3rd week since I stopped taking my med. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $268 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Thanks Guys, I think it is just in the mind. Stoppin: I really appreciate your advice. Everyone is qualified to give advice. Every support counts. CobenFan: Thanks a lot for your support. I am not sure whether you mentioned about the website: www.whyquit.com but it is a great site and sure helped me right now. Mr. Ed: Thanks for the advice. I will have to just keep myself focused and sure do self talk. Brick Wall and Polly: You guys are the more experienced ones and for sure I will not touch smoke. I asked for help and everyone came to my rescue. This SSC is great. It will keep me smoke free. Love u all rG [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 677 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $268 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rightoguy, What you are feeling is pretty common. For some reason around huge milestones us quiters go into a slump and start having terriable craves. Hang on tight to your quit at 67 days you are doing great! Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,094 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $558.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RG, I am sure not the one to be giving advise as my quit begins next Sunday. However, in my preparation I have read so much that at this point in time your quit is such a mind thing. You have the nic all out of your system and now it is just your mind trying to play tricks on you. You must change your outlook right now! Attitude can be a matter of choice. You really deep down know that if you had a drag of a smoke right you would so regret that choice. I saw that you were asking for help and even though I am not yet qualified to offer advise I wanted you to know you are not alone and I heard you and wanted to help. Plus, next Sunday I am going to need you to help me through these tough times too! So because of me...you can't smoke! ;)

Reading this thread: