Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Bad news and I nearly gave in

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well it sounds like a big CONGRATS is in order for BOTH of you! Glad you didn't give up your guit, glad your little guy is going to be A-OK! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You rode it out and it was a healthy decision on your part. Awesome. You faced the challenge and overcame. Keep up the great work. Pat yourself on the back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$203,512.96

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 13

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so glad you made it Joanne and happy to hear that your son is fine. Keep the quit. Stay Strong. Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$44,972.73

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 0

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome Joanne! What a breakthrough that must of been. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure others will draw strength from your experience. Danielle _______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made three weeks today and was over the moon with it!! Later we had to take my 11 year old son to hospital for what our own Doctor said was an ingrowing toenail - to cut the story short it wasn't it was worse and needs an operation to remove the growth. This just tipped me and I went to my hubbies cig packet and took one out and put it in my mouth - - - I then took it out and put it back in the packet and walked away. You may ask what is good about that - well the fact I had the willpower not to lite it, the fact I saw sense and realised that one cig would not help my little boy, that one cig could lead to more and shorten my life and leave my little boy without a Mum. I now know that I can definatley do this, before I was just trying and aiming to finish each day without a cig, now I'm aiming to live the rest of my life without a cig and I'm going to achieve it. Joanne :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 542 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to all of you I still can't quiet believe I didn't lite it, but it is the most important choice I have ever made. Today has been HELL at work but I won't give in, not for anything. To everyone out there who is thinking of lighting one up - DON'T IT WON'T TAKE AWAY THE STRESS IT WILL ONLY MASK IT AND YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT Joanne ps - my son is going to be fine and we have been told the growth is nothing to worry about - thank god [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 564 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joanne -- Not only do I understand how great that was, I'd deliver a double-fudge brownie sundae to you myself if there weren't that great big ocean in the way. Good for you, good for your family! Fear Less [i]Love isn't the opposite of hate. It's the opposite of fear.[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joanne - That is absolutely one of the most awesome resists there can be. You should darn stinkin well be SERIOSULY proud of yourself for that. If not, then get outta the way, cause we are gonna do it for you! ;p Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 647 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GREAT JOB!!!!!!! You resisted the temptation and didn't smoke it! WTG! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joane, I am so proud of you for doing that. I know how that must make you feel, it is like biting off the devils head and spitting it out onto the floor. It is very symbolic and strengthens our resolve - well done! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: