Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Why Now

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am almost on my 12th day of being smoke free. the first week seemed easy compared to now. In the last day or two, all that has been on my brain is butts. My cravings are all the time and I can't get the thought out of my head! I am pretty sure I won't give in to this overwhelming pressure, but why now???!!! :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Ok so it has been a little while and I calmed down a bit, got my nicorette gum and I feel better. I have gone so far and i am not going to back down. I have to keep remembering that I want a family some day and my future kids dont need a stinky, sick, smokin mommy. keep going, keep going, keep going..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Eve I think you may be right. 1. it is the weekend 2. I went on a weeks vacation too-every other vacation I have taken means extra smoking because i never smoked at work. 3. I have been around people that smoke 4. Only a couple of the smokers are supportive Thank you for the insight, it helps. I am going to try to change my routine this week and keep it up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi rylan, You mentioned the last 2 days you have been craving more than usual...well the weekend is here and my response would be to look at your weekend (or the approaching of it) and see if you can pinpoint what might have set off the craving. Were you thinking about a party or an event you would be attending, or something that you normally used to do before the weekend that set off the smoking mindset? [b]Once you are able to pinpoint what made you think of it then you gain access to controlling it.[/b] For example, chinese food sets off a craving in me because I would have it over my mom's then go out to her patio afterwards and have a smoke, so I swore off chinese food for awhile until I am more stable in my quit. Post here as much as you can for the duration of your crave, trigger or whatever you might be going through and when you are not posting read as much as you can and then post some more. Make sure also you are DRINKING LOTS OF WATER because it will help your body release the toxins from your system faster. The faster the toxins get released, the less craving you will have. Please keep us posted on how you are doing! Many Blessings, Eve :) Proud to be a C.A.R.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Rylan, Who knows why now. We are all different and for whatever reason things hit us all at different times. Im on day 30 and I still get some days that are easier than others. The weekends are very hard for me. I think it's because im not as busy as I am the rest of the week. Try to stay busy or take a nap. Drink lots of water. If my little one would take a nap I would take one also because it always seems like after a little nap the cravings are alot less. Take Care SmogFree Shamrock Alley [url=http://][IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/lorilind/animated_clover.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: