Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Back to day 1

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Kaiser, First, Congratulations on your next quit. Second, it takes a big person to admit when they've made a mistake, take some pride in your inner-strength. I smoked for years, telling my partner of 13 years that I had quit, (having to shower as soon as I came in from work and making sure I always had a stick of gum in my mouth to mask the horrbile smell of tobacco smoke) so I know your shame. All the same, you're dealing with something bigger than you. You're dealing with an addiction that is said to be stronger than the addiction to heroin! Now, the biggest thing is to make sure you've learned your lessons from your lumps, and get right back on the bandwagon. Best of Luck to you. Peace, Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $443.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$215,711.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7817 Hours: 3

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Every obstacle in your path is a gateway to a new beginning!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaiser, I am genuinely sorry about the break in your quit. Please allow me to tell you why I don't see this interruption as a failure. Oink is SO very correct that loosers give in. That most OBVIOUSLY isn't a correct label for you...look at you...you are STILL HERE and you apparently are still standing ready to fight. It's just that in this round, you weren't fully prepared...you didn't have what you needed to succeed! No one.....NO ONE, expects someone to win an unfair fight. If you slipped into the darkness of depression, (yes, I'm all too aware of this abysmal mental state of being,) then you went into the ring with little chance of winning the fight. I don't know what the Doctor told you, but personally I'd wait a week or two after beginning the Welbutrin to begin your next quit. In the mean time...Stay, ***please stay*** and let everyone lift you up and inject you with the strength you need to begin your next quit with a running start at it. I personally am very proud of you Kaiser. You could have just logged onto another site, with another name. But you chose not too... and that tells me a great deal about you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kaiser - Ok - so what a perfect time to start that new SUCCESSFUL QUIT! How about some compassion for YOU right now. You are human, you are addicted to nicotine, and you slipped. AND you get to be human, you get to make mistakes. What's most important now, is that you get right back up on that horse, and get down to the Quit business. We are all here to help, and I am going to keep my eye on you! So not only are you not alone, you have peepers watching you and not giving up on you. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other, dear one. OK - so you get the meds today, and when is the first day of this powerful new amazing Quit? The next time a challenge comes up, POST HERE and we will be here to go through it with you, OK? Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woo Hoo Kaiser - Checking on you like I said I would. You around? How's it going? Sending Light and Special Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $167.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 105 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaiser - Glad you are back and look up! You are still a QUITTER! Be all that you can be and be a QUITTER!!!! Glad you found something to help you with the depression - there is an ugly beast! Hope you get to feeling the way you think you should feel soon. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$74,114.02

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 11

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kaiser, Sorry Kaiser, I just saw this post and my first reaction was just as many others felt. Kaiser, I wasen't put here on this earth to judge you, I was put here to love you. Like Shevie said, but by The Grace of God go Us. It's so good to know that you are getting help and I have a cousin who is on wellbutrin, he has done so well I think he quit in Dec. I will look forward to your posts and watching you grow with pride. Blessings and love sent your way!!! SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,594 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$229,903.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 1

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well folks I have let this addiction turn me into a lier and a cheat. It would appear that there were some underlying depression problems that quitting briught to the surface. It started with a financial set back a while ago and would not let up. I started to have feelings of low self worth and it went down hill from there to where I had some rather scary thoughts of what I would do about this situation. I bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked them. I figured what the hell I wasn't going to be around much longer any how.Then I lied to my friends, family, and most hurtful of all I leid to this great group of people. I called my doctor and over the phone we came up with a plan for me to get on wellbutrin & see if that will hwlp me. I will pick them up on the way home from work. I am truly sorry that I let you down. Red Rosie please forgive me you were allways there for me and I let you down. You folks are wonderful Kaiser
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Depression's so tough, and the sudden intensity of it surprised me with this quit. I hope the wellbutrin helps. But there are things you can do to fight it above and beyond medicine (which will address the chemicals, but not the problems). This is what works for me: Allow yourself to be sad, but try to allow yourself to be cheered up, too. Even if you're depressed, try not to think constantly about how depressed you are. If you must obsess, find something to obsess about. Find a project, something you've always wanted to learn or do or try. Try to get out and try to have fun. Don't give up on feeling better, but if you do, just give up for a day. Wake up the next morning and try again. The thing about low self-worth thoughts, is you can do something about them, because really, you're not the scum of the earth to the nth degree. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself. Put on your nicest outfit, and acknowledge that you look sharp. Do something kind for the people you love. Buy a lady in your life flowers. Take a sick day from work (mental health counts too), and go walking in the park, go enjoy the world. (It's a beautiful world, and it's even more beautiful as a non-smoker, because you're not nastying it up with your smoke and cigarette butts.) Address and confront your worries, or they'll eat at you. Get your vehicle serviced. Review your finances and make the changes you need to. Do whatever you can to ease the worries plaguing you, so you feel less overwhelmed and more empowered. A pro-active approach to depression won't cure it, but it will help you avoid the scary parts. And pledge to yourself that never, not ever ever, will you harm yourself. If you do that, and you believe it, you'll feel less scared, and you'll feel better. Good luck. Rooting for you. Adrienne
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmm, i've just seen this as well :blush: sorry Kaiser! The only losers in this world are those that give in trying, most winners never give up trying. When they fail they just get up and try again and again until they succeed, that could be you - and I hope that it is. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �182.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: