Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Positive Affirmations to Cope with Cravings

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for that Rusty. Think I will memorise that & use it as my mantra. Brilliant. JT
  • Quit Meter

$17,820.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 2346 Hours: 19

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhhhhh thank you Rusty. I needed that. I'm having a rough one, today. I'm physically sick and irritated. I have been here before, and I know that this too will pass. It just gets old...Ugggg. I don't ever want to go through this again. I do know that I will be one of those people who will always have the desire to smoke...and that just bites to say the least. I'm soooo angry that I just feel like *()&^%$#@!.........but that surely won't help me. You all have a great smoke free day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$118,806.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 2661 Hours: 4

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhhhhh thank you Rusty. I needed that. I'm having a rough one, today. I'm physically sick and irritated. I have been here before, and I know that this too will pass. It just gets old...Ugggg. I don't ever want to go through this again. I do know that I will be one of those people who will always have the desire to smoke...and that just bites to say the least. I'm soooo angry that I just feel like *()&^%$#@!.........but that surely won't help me. You all have a great smoke free day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$118,806.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 2661 Hours: 4

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I will memorize it. Thank you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post, Rusty. Here's another: [color=Red]The long term gain is worth any short term pain.[/color] Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 316 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,331 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1200.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sometimes a craving or a thought or an extreme desire for a cigarette just won't seem to go away. Even though most physical cravings actually last only a few minutes, sometimes we allow ourselves to dwell on the thought and it becomes an obsession. What can you do to control these thoughts and feelings? Another smoking cessation site posted the following positive affirmations that you can use to replace those junkie thoughts. Maybe you can think of others. [color=red]I don't need nicotine to keep on living. I don't need to smoke to feel alive. What I am feeling is my body and mind healing from years of substance abuse. This is a temporary feeling and will pass. I can and will live without nicotine. I do not need this drug to survive nor do I want to administer this drug to my system anymore. I am happy I quit despite how I feel at the present. The benefits from quitting far outweigh the symptoms during my temporary adjustment period. This will get much better as promised by the ones who traveled this journey before me. I have faith in that.[/color] Remember that any thought that comes into your mind that seems to be directing you to smoke is not a rational thought, but is a thought that is coming direct from your addiction. Learn to recognize these thoughts and use your powers of self-control to turn them into positive thoughts. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 477 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1669.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$54,329.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 13

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0