Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

30 day abyss

18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Took a xanax, drank some ice water, went back to bed. It is better now. Another episode of the incompetant contractor set me off yesterday and an in-your-face episode this morning. It's so sad that I have spent 30 years soothing myself with nicotine and now I'm a basket case without it. Pretty much a type A anyway (hence my xanax which I hardly ever use)...well it's tough (as we all know)to deal with just the basic day to day ****, say anything of greater stress. Thanks for the support in this, especially since I need the impression that this is a transient thing. Really. At least I didn't cave in. I know that I'm only a puff away from 2 ppd. Some times that is so clear, and other times it doesn't seem to matter. So dangerous when it doesn't seem to matter. Sorry to be such a wimp. Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I guess it's true (about the 30d slump). I cut down to the 14mg patch saturday. Hit 30d monday and today and yesterday I'm back to how I was first few days of this quit. Maybe worse, because I'm getting tired of the fight and losing the "honeymoon" feeling. I read Phillip's post...looks like he too got this. It's all I could do last night to drive by a convenience store and I find myself salivating at the thought of a cig today. Unbelievable. Maybe I'll just go back to bed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohh Rob. I was just telling my husband how I hit my 30 day rut at 3 weeks....I'm an over achiever! I got passed it and so will you. You have made it this far. This slump will pass. Hang in there! Oh btw, after day 28 I have felt great!!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob47, We all have gone through that. Just know that it will pass. I promise. IWIN [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rob47, We have All gone through this stage and now it's your turn. Lucky you hey? But as you can see we are here to tell the tale and you will be too. So hang tough and realize that your mind is playing tricks on you and you're NOT gonna play!!!! Take Ladys advice and go back to bed if you have to. Everyone needs some me time once in a while. Keep Strong it does pass. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $664 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob... go on back to bed if that's what it takes. Protect your quit. It is an aweful period but you can do it. Kick, scream, cry, punch a pillow, break dishes, whatever it takes, just don't smoke! Just hang on tight and know that this will pass relatively quickly. Keep putting on foot in front of the other and you will make it. Let us know if you need us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $924 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob, Quitting sucks. I used the patch to quit and with every stepdown I went into a mini hell week for a few days. Our bodies are funny that way.. once they get used to that dose of nicotine, they don't want it messed with. When we wake up and quit, the nicodemon pounds on our heads for a while. A couple of things... we are nicotine addicts. Any addict quitting any addiction has to face the fact that they call it addiction because there is a physical and/or emotional dependency there. When the addict understands that he must really take back control of his life, he quits the addiction. Along the way the brain makes it difficult. The good news is that this period does pass. It does end. Time is the secret. Look at how many years you smoked. Now look at the number of days you are quit. 32 days vs X amount of years. Give yourself a break. Cut yourself some slack. You will feel like crap for a while. That is only natural. I'm 10+ months quit now and my last bad crave I had was about the 2 month mark. I stuck it out. You will too. You can't quit if you give in. Your addiction wants to break you down. Don't let it. Be stronger than it. In time, the next couple of months, things will get a lot better. Trust me. I sipped on ice water a lot and chewed on straws for a period of time. Think about the progress you have made. Stay positive and focused. Cigarettes didn't do one damn thing for you other than lighten your wallet and put tar in your lungs. And you are getting tired of fighting? Are you tired of living? You are quit. Stay that way. It won't kill you. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,785 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $761.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$36,331.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9767 Hours: 17

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob47 if your a wimp then so are the rest of us. We have all been there done it. We have whined, cursed, thrown things, just about anything you can name. Hang in there, I had a problem at 30 days too and so did 99% of the people on here, its "normal" whatever normal is. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,692 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2602.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congradulations Rob just think about what you have gained so far, versus where ya was 3 weeks. I like to go back and read what the first timers or weekers are going through. Adds to the rewards of Quitting on we've accomplished. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$45,414.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8846 Hours: 21

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: