Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Sadness

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa...yes I can relate. Welcome to our quit family and congratulations on your decision to quit. Drepression was a big side affect of quitting for me. Right now your body is adjusting to not smoking. You said you are sad because you "can't" smoke. You can smoke anytime you want to. You "choose" not to smoke. This is a choice that will save your life and improve your world beyond measure. There is just something about knowing that you chose to do this that makes it a bit easier. The agony you are going through right now will pass. While you are going through the first few weeks be sure to drink a lot of water, take a lot of deep, deep breaths and keep a possitive attitude. You can quit. No it isn't easy but it is worth it. Be sure to check out the program tools to the left. They will help you develope a plan for your quit. There is a lot of useful information on these boards. Read, read, and read some more. You are not alone. Post if you need us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $896 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Alexa..you are either too old to quit or too young to die. The choice is yours. I don't mean to sound harsh but those really are your options. A lot of us felt like we lost our best friend when we quit smoking. I know I did. Morn your loss and get on with your life. No it isn't easy but neither is dying of lung cancer or any other terminal illness that smoking leads to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $896 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Alexa.. looks like you are doing great to me. 5 days is Awesome and Hell week is almost over. Keep taking deep breathes and one step at a time. You will get there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $896 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
alexa, Many people here have reflected about how much they miss smoking and the loss of their "best friend". We need to learn how to move on with our lives and find happiness in that which we have, not that which we have lost. I found a quote that I feel sums up the approach a quitter must make in terms of their general outlook on life. [b][color=blue]"May we never let the things we can't have, or don't have, or shouldn't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have. As we value our happiness, let us not forget it, for one of the greatest lessons in life is learning to be happy without the things we cannot or should not have."[/color] [color=black]Richard L. Evans[/color][/b] For many, the quitting process is like the grieving process when you lose a loved one. There are 5 generally accepted stages... Denial Anger Bargining Depression Acceptance You can do a web search on these stages to read more about them, but many smokers go through them in some form or fashion. The good news is that you will work through this and come though it a better, more knowledgeable person. The knowledge you will have gained will be mostly about yourself and your true strength and determination. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 303 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $742.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$36,344.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9771 Hours: 3

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa, Check with your doctor and pharmacist. They can help with dosages and side effects. Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa, Welcome to our support community! Congrats on taking the initiative to quit and stay that way. Take the time to browse through the site and use the tools available for preparation. This is essential to a successful quit. Our online support group can be of great assistance to you with support and knowledge. The sadness will dwindle and you need to reward yourself for a great job. Make a list of rewards and choose from it every time you hit a milestone! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: