Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Not Smoking Support

9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jgriffin,

You might also want to check to make sure the doage of your patch is correct. Nausea can occur if the dose is too high. 

How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jgriffin,
 Sorry to hear it's been a rough start for you. Quitters flu? I'll have to Google that because I have not heard of it before. Oh, you're talking about the nicotine withdraw symptoms.  Nicotine is a really nasty drug isn't it? So you've made it through hell week and heck week seems worse? That's common for some people. For some, the 3rd or 4th week seems to be the hardest for them. It all just depends on the individual. Are you using the patch with the right dosage? I also used the patch to help quit. I don't think I could have quit without it. Have you went through the program at the top of the page yet? That can help you on your journey. Also read as much as you can in the forums to help learn what to expect on your quit.
 You body is trying to heal itself now. There are a lot of side effects to quitting. Getting the shakes is one of them. Being nauseous is another. The side effects can last for days or weeks, but you will get over them in time. Are you drinking lots of fluids? You need to help your body flush out the poisons so you can get over the side effects quicker. Deep breathing helps too. Slowly inhale through the nose, hold, then slowly exhale through the mouth. Four or five times at a time. Instead of inhaling a real cigarette, suck on a straw and pretend like it's a cigarette. Anything to help get over the urge to light one up. I carried a pocket full of life savers to help fight the urge. 
Your "quitters flu" will pass in time, just hang in there and don't give in to the Nico-Demons urge. And if you are worried about the side effects if they go on too long, go see a doctor just to be on the safe side. 
I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Quit Meter

$23,225.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 19

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today makes one week that I have quit smoking and today is the hardest out of the entire week. My nerves are going crazy i still have the quitters flu after a week when will this sinsus crap go away? I really need some support I have been craving to smoke ALL day long and I am fight not to bc I have come this far. I am using the patch but it can only take me so far a little help would be nice. I am shaking sometimes in my hands, puking a little and getting neasua what is happenning to me?

Reading this thread: