Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Somthing I read in another post

13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

Any thoughts are good thoughts!

Sharing makes it more real for others to see what you are going through and to show that you are not alone!

Great perseverance!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I read CVDEB's post about the hacking and coughing it brought back a memory that I hope I never have to relive.  It was on my first attempt to quit.  I was so naive as to what quitting was all about.  I went to the doctor and got Zyban.  Good to go right?  I thought all I needed to do was take the pill and wallah I was good to go .  I had no idea what was ahead of me.  I went to work, Monday, department meeting and all of a sudden I started coughing so bad I had to leave.  I was so embarrassed.  I had no idea what was happening to me.  Then on the way home I got hit by the CRAVE from hell.  I was almost in a car accident.  Got home and smoked .  I was not prepared, I had no SSC to run to.  I can not express enough how important it is to get prepared.  I don't care whether a person quit on the first try (yeah!!!) or it takes a life time of tries be mentally prepared to quit.  For me it is more than the smokes, it is what goes on between my ears.  I have one heck of a committee that likes to chatter, chatter and chatter. .  Well this time I am yelling "I DON'T WANT TO SMOKE, I DON'T WANT TO SMELL, I AM TIRED OF BEING YOUR SLAVE, I WANT TO AVAIABLE FOR MY HUSBAND, I WANT TO BE FREE!!!"  I am shouting over them and not letting them chatter away at me.  Just some thoughts I have been having.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

Reading this thread: