Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Dreaming about smoking

14 years ago 0 98 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG... finally hahaha
i had my first smoking dreams last night... strangely (maybe cause it's 40 days now???) i had nightmare of a different kind...
i was digging through piles of butts looking for something, i was running away from smokers cause it was so gross!  it was thrilling when i woke up and realized my self conscience was telling me to keep going!  I hope yours does too!

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 40
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,000
Amount Saved: $500.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 2 Mins: 20 Seconds: 33

14 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Steelroots,

Welcome and congratulations on quitting smoking! You sound very excited, and it is making me excited too! Spread your positive energy, it's contagious! 
So that deep breathng has been helping you a lot? I think I will start to try that out, just to get through even some minor stresses throughout the day. Let me know what you think about it.

Serenity

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Steel,

welcome!  We are so glad that you are gaining information and support from the site!  there is plenty more where that came from!

Great coping mechanisms you have, so keep them up and let us know how we can help!

Day 10 is amazing!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 109 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I just stopped April 9 - Today is day 10 and I'm very excited- like you and others have said, the mornings have been pretty tough for me.  That was the first thing I did in the morning was get my coffee and outside to smoke.
I haven't dreamed but have constantly thought about smoking, but this time I'm not CRAVING just missing and thinking about smoking.
I wish I could help you but know that we ALL can identify with what you're thinking and feeling!  I keep a cup of crushed ice and keep sucking on it-I would love to eat it but I cracked some teeth previously from ice, hard candies etc.
I'm deep breathing alot - It's almost like taking a "long, deep-drag when smoking but don't inhale the nicotine and chemicals and don't blow smoke- The deep breathing is helping me alot - I can do those anywhere, anytime.  Also I'm walking 2 or 3 X's a day.  Even if it's short walks it help take my mind off smoking.
Wishing you the best and hoping you will find a few tips that will help you continue the quit - one day at a time!

Reading this thread: