Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Will Go Nicotine Free This Weekend

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
42 days is lookin good!!!!!
You CAN do this......Stay Strong..............We WILL help
Keep on kicking ASH

Keeping the Quit
hugggggs and coooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 136
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,080
Amount Saved: $571.20
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 11 Mins: 49 Seconds: 11

14 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You'll do great!  You can always wean yourself off the gum by chewing some sugarfree!!!  Hang in there - you've come such a long way!  Be proud!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 164
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,968
Amount Saved: $865.92
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 15 Mins: 43 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BG, good luck as your come off the gum this weekend!  Stay close to this sight if you have strong cravings as somebody is always close by to help!  And as Trillium said, drink plenty of iced water.  Make sure you have a plan in place if the cravings are strong.  Change your scenery, treat yourself like royalty, find a new hobby to keep your hands busy, read every post here at the SSC!    Please know that we are all rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 296
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,840
Amount Saved: $2,960.00
Life Gained:
Days: 44 Hrs: 4 Mins: 5 Seconds: 22

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I am still a newbie too......but I discovered a product that has been helping me......I started with the gum, but then I wasn't following the directions, so my girlfriend talked me into trying the patch....which is working pretty good with the cravings.....but I ate a lot of hard candy, as a subsitiute too, but that wasn't good for my teeth, so I discovered these things called JuJu stxs....if you google that it will show you the website you can buy them on.....they are bamboo toothpicks ( I tried regular toothpicks but they would get too soggy too quickly) that are flavored....I like them all....there is Clove, Mint and Cinnamon.......they cost 3.99 for a container and they last a long time,,,,,cheaper than ciggs. And better for you too. They satisfy my wanting something in my mouth....they were actually invented by someone to help a friend with his smoking. If I feel nervous, I can bite down on this and it relieves the tension, when I would normally light a smoke, like coming out from being inside a store, I pop one in my mouth, and its becoming a habit.....also I do hobbies like crocheting, and knitting,,,,,,I actually used to chain smoke while doing my hobbies, but now I can comfortably do them and not feel a need to chain smoke......smoking is something that you get used to doing over and over.....so its going to take a while to get used to doing something else.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 38
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 760
Amount Saved: $266.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 16 Mins: 58 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

You've got our support, begaineshunter!!! I think you will be surprised at how well you will do...drink plenty of ice water and keep coming on here. I quit "cold turkey", I am not saying I don't have cravings but they are tolerable, keeping busy is the key! I will be thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way. Good luck...you can do it!!

Trillium 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 220
Amount Saved: $35.20
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 11 Mins: 4 Seconds: 20

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This weekend, I should run out of the gum. I planned it this way. I've been chewing 1-3 2 mg pieces a day for about ten or twelve days now. Often I haven't felt like I've needed the gum at all, but decided to practice not smoking for a bit longer before giving up the gum altogether. I also decided to quit chewing when I run out. I'm hoping that because I've been getting so little nicotine since about the 21st of May that my withdrawal symptoms will not be so bad. But, of course, I don't know what to expect. What I do know is that I never want to smoke again. So I'll need your support over the next four or so days. Thanx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 41
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,107
Amount Saved: $415.13
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 13 Mins: 57 Seconds: 44

Reading this thread: