Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

just sounding off

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hows things going with the house hunt deb??

hugggggg
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 122
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,660
Amount Saved: $512.40
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 16 Mins: 9 Seconds: 39

14 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb, 
I forgot to ask you also that you had said you were going to your Doc after your first week you started noticing the caughing..Did you get anything back on that report?? Some of us had caughing  at the beginning of our quits but it's all relative and so it's hard to know whether your situation might be something other than just the typical symptoms of quitting smoking.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 338
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,084
Amount Saved: $1,825.20
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 3 Mins: 36 Seconds: 50

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb, sorry to hear that you are experiencing some tough times.  I do hope that you are feeling better soon.  And I agree with Josie that you may want to check with a medical professional if things seem really out of sorts.  Sometimes smoking can hide things, we just want you to be 110% healthy!  Boy do those 55 days look great on you!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 274
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,960
Amount Saved: $2,192.00
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 23 Mins: 31 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello deb , Bob and Tim  ,  Just wanted to let you know something that Bob already knows. It seems that around the 7 week mark there's a reprieve for us. Not completely but the wants get to be less than they were although a lot better than they were. Three days of reprieve are a lot better than no days and it's going to get a lot better. So what I'm saying is that there should be more good days than bad coming up. Remember that they aren't craves any more only a want in our own minds. It's now a choice whether we think about it or not. I still remember the first days and the hole that couldn't be filled. I wouldn't have thought that I'd stop smoking for 6 hours let alone 6 months +  Every day it gets easier now. One day at a time you'll see what I mean. Don't even entertain thoughts of going back now. You've come too far to go back now. Maybe you've made it and just don't know it yet. I really think that. Just when you think it can't get any better , it does. Excellent.  breather 191 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 191
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,550
Amount Saved: $4,584.00
Life Gained:
Days: 35 Hrs: 2 Mins: 51 Seconds: 13

14 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb, 
All of us went through what you are going through.  Your body is finally able to heal itself and it needs sleep and getting rid of toxins so you are going to be tired during this process.   But just first of all lets think of all the good things that have happend since you quit. Your sense of smell and taste has returned, you are no longer chained to have to jump out of bed first thing to have a cigarette, and your self confidence has greatly improved.  There are probably many other things you can list that have been benefits of quitting.  So keep those positives in your mind because if quitting was just about feeling lousy none of us would have come as far as we have.  Our attitudes can really make a differnce also and I suggest you talk to PB about this because it really seemed to help him out once he shifted his awareness from the negatives of his quit.  Anyway stay with it because you have gotten through the worst of it and the rainbow is just around the corner. Good Luck. Ron

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 338
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,084
Amount Saved: $1,825.20
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 2 Mins: 57 Seconds: 23

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb,

Thanks for your honesty.  Dwell on your 55 smoke free days and celebrate that you know you will never smoke again.  Try checking with your doctor to rule out anything medical with your body.

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb- I just try to imagine my body shedding all of the toxins that I have dumped into it over the past 23 years. I also am taking vitamins every day and I really do seem to be gaining some of the strength and energy that I previously had.
I hope you will start to feel better soon, and remember that you are winning this war. Keep your guard up, 
Tim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 50
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,000
Amount Saved: $275.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 8 Mins: 35 Seconds: 18

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HUGGGGGGGGG

They are coming........Things started to turn around at about 60-70 days for me.  Still have a bad one but mostly feeling lots better.  I beat the hell out of this body with nicotine for 50 years..........it's going to take some time to recover completely.

Stay Strong deb.......it gets better.........

Keeping the Quit
coooooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 114
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,420
Amount Saved: $478.80
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 23 Mins: 33 Seconds: 32

14 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to say that I have made it to 55 days and I still feel like a piece of crap most days. I have no energy and am still coughing up stuff all the time. I think I have had a total of 3 good days since I stopped smoking. I know that it will take time but just wanted to witch about it for a bit. Nothing will ever make me smoke again but I'm hoping for better days ahead!(Soon)
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 55
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,100
Amount Saved: $275.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 7 Mins: 28 Seconds: 10

Reading this thread: