Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

another check-in

15 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there your doing great!

And come to think of it I could never quite but my finger on what I didn't like about biscotti....they are rather smug...  

Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Both of you are doing it!!  Keep up the great work!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 440
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,800
Amount Saved: $3,344.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 1 Mins: 1 Seconds: 38

15 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phoenix!

I can relate to having strong feelings toward inanimate objects...... And biscotti can behave very smugly at times.

Irritation has been part of the quit for me too.  I'm hoping it doesn't last much longer.  Usually I'm as patient as the day is long, but not so much right now.

It's so great to see you at 3 days!  Hang in there girl.  Once I was past 4 days it seemed to get a bit better. 

Have to get ready for that whole work-thing again.  Thanks Bob and Rock.  You are both such a huge source of support and I really appreciate both of you.

Hang in there Phoenix--you're doing great,
Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 240
Amount Saved: $72.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 1 Mins: 37 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The good news is that this temporary inconvenience will yield permanent improvement!  You both are doing awesome!  I just feel bad for the biscotti jar though.  But hopefully it was strong enough to help you get through yesterday!  And Deb, you're right about the smell.  The stench of old cigarette butts or somebody who smoked is a HUGE turn-off to me too!  We need a little SSC reunion.  I miss alot of friends who have taken some time off the past couple months.  I also hope they all are doing well!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 210
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,400
Amount Saved: $1,680.00
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 8 Mins: 29 Seconds: 44

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Both of you are doing FANTASTIC............Hang Tough..........

It does get easier........Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 50
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,500
Amount Saved: $210.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 12 Mins: 7 Seconds: 30

15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Deb!

I am glad to hear you made it through. I have been catching hell all day today. God, I have been trying to look for loopholes in my decision to quit. I almost went to the corner store, but decided to look on these forums for support instead.  Please go ahead and vent, lord knows I need to!  I actually yelled at a jar of biscotti today. I was so pissed off it was sitting there on the counter. I have no idea why. My friend who was with me was like girl, you need to go home and rest. Lol. I am on day 3 cold turkey, so I am soooooo hoping tomorrow I can wake up feeling less physical addiction.

I do remember when I quit before with the patch, I had the most BIZARRE dreams if I slept with it on, so I think taking it off is a good idea.  Boy, I wish I was at day 10 like you!!! Keep blazing that trail!!!

Phoenix

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/15/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 45
Amount Saved: $16.90
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 6 Mins: 32 Seconds: 51

15 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Checking in again.  Be glad I didn't have any of your phone numbers today because I would have called all of you: 

'Hello? Mr./Ms. X, blah blah blah, vent vent vent, can you believe?, oh do I want a cigarette, but not really, where's my gum, why won't this person stop talking, etc.'

At one point I was driving to go pick up stuff and opened the ashtray to toss my gum in there.  I forgot that I hadn't cleaned it out yet (gross), and it really startled me.  That was actually when calling someone occurred to me.

Weirdly, it didn't trigger any craves-- it just smelled.  As busy as the day was at work, the craves were really not too bad.  The only time it got bad was when I started stressing because the pace was getting ridiculous and the phone was ringing off the hook and people were dropping in with one emergency after another.

Tonight I shall snooze patch-free.  Karren, you're right-- the nightmares were awful.  I know I screamed out loud at one point because I woke myself up.

I hope you are all well.  Does anyone know how CD is doing?  Or Daily Llama?  I haven't seen them around and miss them.

D

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 240
Amount Saved: $72.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 0 Mins: 41 Seconds: 55

Reading this thread: