Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Days go on Nicodem gets worst

15 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found when I stopped thinking about my quit as such a negative thing e.g. how tough it is, how bad i wanted a smoke, how much quitting sucks etc.etc.etc. things got a lot easier. Keeping my mind busy was key. Try organizing or cleaning - that worked for me. Day 9 was the hard one for me and I spent  it cleaning and organizing my room. TRUST ME...quit focusing on how rough/tough your quit is.  It does get easier - I know you probably HATE hearing that - I did.
If it didn't get easier for me I DEFINITELY would be smoking right now.
Stay Strong!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 215
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,870
Amount Saved: $1,509.30
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 10 Mins: 54 Seconds: 57

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope things are getting a little better for you.

Like everyone else said, it's different for everyone. Keep checking the posts on line, keep with your program and reward yourself for a job well done!

Stay strong and tell those craves to take a hike!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 130
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,120
Amount Saved: $748.80
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 22 Mins: 1 Seconds: 24

15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 It happened to me I was so tired of thinking of smoking all the time, we're all different but it seems like it was around my 6th week that things really got better for me, so just keep staying positive and know that you can beat this. Drink lots of Ice Water.
Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 132
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,280
Amount Saved: $580.80
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 10 Mins: 49 Seconds: 24

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ,

Everyone is different and will experience different results when quitting. What's most important is to find what works best for you. Be sure to have coping mechanisms in place, stay away from your triggers and keep yourself busy.

We're here to help, so come see us often!

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ

It looks like the boards are slow this morning.  I don't know if I have any great words of wisdom to share but I do remember being there and wondering when it would stop.  I know as time went on it gradually turned.  This is the time when you have to trust the long timers that it will get better. 
Try your best to stay positive and remember to distract yourself  today.  I promise that if I could zoom you in to the future that you would feel different than you do right now.  Know that you are not alone in your experience.  A lot of us have been right there.

Good wishes your way today DJ

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 264
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,960
Amount Saved: $891.00
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 11 Mins: 1 Seconds: 51

15 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay everybody don't understand, every time I quit which is about 9 or 10 right now the long my quit
goes the more cravings I have. Gets to where it's really hard to battle. Does this happen to everybody? DJ

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/28/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 192
Amount Saved: $35.04
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 14 Mins: 48 Seconds: 14

Reading this thread: