Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

The Second Day

16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I posted this in a fit of inspiration after I wrote the one for Day 1. Some of it got lopped off when the site changed last, so I've edited it a little. Please feel free to add to it. [b]Whew! You made it 24 hours! Did you ever think that you could go a whole day with a cigarette? But you've done it! Time for a reward -- chai latte anyone? What's good about Day Two? Day One is over! You'll never have to do it again. But you've still got those feelings from yesterday, don't you? Shaky, achy, hungry, afraid, unfocused, hyper or sleepy? What's that all about? It's all about healing. It's all about the 4,000+ chemicals leaving your body. It's all about the nicotine addiction begging you for a fix. How are you going to deal with this on Day Two? Pretty much the same as on Day One. Pamper yourself. Let yourself heal. Focus on the good that you are doing. Practice changing negative thoughts to positive thoughts. Instead of "This is SO HARD!" try "This is hard, but I AM STRONG!" Believe in your strength to overcome being addicted to weeds rolled up in paper. Know that you can do it. Know that it has been done successfully by millions. Know that the way to do it is to never light another cigarette. Other activities for Day Two: Work on your quit journal. Copy into it threads here that spoke directly to you. Keep listing the reasons you are quitting. Keep coming up with coping mechanisms. Also, work the program tools over on the left. Read posts here and on other sites. Don't forget! Drink lots of water. Eat some food every few hours to keep your blood sugar up. Relax your shoulders and breathe! Take a nap if you need to. Your body is going through definite physical changes...take care of it. What are you going to do if you have strong craves? Delay. Distract. Take a walk. Change the scene. Get busy and clean the bathtub. Drink another glass of water. Push through. Each one you don't smoke takes you closer to where you want to be...a non-smoker. Lastly, stay in touch with us. We can help you because we've been through exactly the same thing. If you feel like crying or screaming, do it here. If you think you might smoke, COME HERE FIRST and post and wait for a response. Make the title of your thread HELP!!! so that someone will see it. You can do this...I know you can because I did it! And if I can do it, after 40 years and a pack and a half a day, I know you can do it, too![/b] Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1004 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28,112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,514.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 141 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$54,329.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 13

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: