Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Support people

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity, I do know what you mean. Im only on day six and I get real gittery, shakey, agitated, angry and all those fealings. The first two days of my quit I didnt hardly speak at all, the third day I had to speak because I am a minister (whole new story). You can breath, you can stomp, you can cuss but basicly you just got to ride it out. The only reason I dont start back up is I feal like im in to deep. I know I have to quit for several reasons but if I start back up, I will want to quit again some day and I only want to go through this HELL once. Good luck, Douglas
  • Quit Meter

$72,665.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7399 Hours: 18

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity2, I have also been taken back by the intencity of my feelings. Anger was something I dealt w/a few years back. I started giving it all to god. Praying regulary for peace, calm,serinty, and the ability to think thing threw. Since my quit it seems to have flew out window. For me the deep breathing does help. I also have to take a step back, from the sitution. Sometimes i do the aggrivated dance.(mostly stomping and contorting body.) I also have a great stretch, that can be done easliy anywhere. Oh Yeah Think before you act or speak. The stretch. Stand feet shoulder lenght apart. Raise arms slowly strait above head. Come up on tiptoes. Strengh up as high as you can,without hurting yourself. Then let it all go, bending down. Completly relax body, knees bent,arms dangling down. Slowly come back up. Pretend you are stacking one virtibra on top of other. Your neck should be relaxed,and the last thing to be lifted. It should rest on your chest as coming up. slowey come back to the postion you started in Then go back up into the high stretch. Do not forget to breath...... As you come up on last stretch you will feel all of your tension dropping. You know I don't know why i didnot think of this sooner. this would have helped me alot. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 452 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Serenity, I too only experienced the kind of symptoms that you describe. I have found that a good way to get rid of these is to drink tea... Yeah I know, but not boring old generic teabags I mean actual leaf tea... I have found that Earl Grey and Lapsang Souchong have hd a profound relaxing effect on me. I also meditate every evening before I go to bed. This centres me and gets rid of any lingering negative feelings. Becaus I have been practicing this for a long time I can take myself to a pretty relaxed state quite quickly when I feel a very severe tense moment coming on... I hope you can find something that works with you in that respect.. and while I do not think it is as common as the other side effects of quitting I believe it is just as important that sites such as this acknowledge it and provide advice.. But as you are aware they tend to deal only with the physical withdrawal symptoms. Krissie Non Smoker for 1M 2D 11h 59m (33 days). Saving �148.39 by not puffing on 669 ciggies. I will live 2D 7h 45m longer.
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I get confused. When I'm signing in to be able to post, and you get the list of "what have you been experiencing" questions to tick, mine are generally feelings of being tense, or uptight, or angry kind of feelings, but there's nothing like those listed. Aren't those usual symptoms of quitting??? And is there any advice for how to deal with those aside from deep breathing? Thanks, S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity2 hi I think your symptoms might go under nervousness. How about a long walk, or a little exercice like jumping jacks for a couple of minutes. Get rid of the negative energy and fill yourself with positive energy. You can do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can you bump Josie's post? Seems like a lot of people could benefit from it at the moment. It is a shame certain posts can't be 'pinned' at the top of the forum for quick reference since many new quitters have a lot of the same questions during thier quits. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 20

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That was an awesome post Casey. One worthy of it's own thread. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 20

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had the "angry" feelings in the beginning of my quit. Be sure to keep yourself busy/active and you will be amazed at how quickly the cravings pass. Hang in there...it does get better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,261 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $512.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$204,372.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5157 Hours: 17

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi members, Unfortunately I can not take all the credit, this educational post was created by Melanie, our Director, A few years back. Since the site was updated awhile back, Some threads were erased in order to make way for those new and improved ones. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: