Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,707 Members

Please welcome our newest members: HIngle_McCringleberry, DezSkin, josephinee, KPALMA, plouds

Good weekend

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
test [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,743 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $955.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
PrincessC I have been reading your posts over the last 10 days and I have watched a steady and growing strength in your demeanor. Your posts responding to those in need of your support will continue to strenght your hand. I say that 12 days and you still get urges is defintely in line, and you are analyzing and responding to the situations correctly; otherwise you would have lost your quit by now. Keep up the good work! You are getting closer to getting rid of those craving. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,742 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $955.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
From the messages I read today, all people are during well with their quit and hanging strong. Does anyone need or would like to talk about their quit? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,741 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $955.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Mistymoon Are you suject to second hand smoke at your place of work? I mean can you somehow get away from it? By the way, get yourself some celery or carrots stick and drink the water rountine. 6 days quit is remarkable! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,742 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $955.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm doing alright, Stickin.. I was just doing some work at my desk, and I guess that was something I hadn't done since I quit because I was chewing gum, eating crunchies, and chomping sugar free candy so hard that my jaw hurts now!! ... and i'm stuffed. ... and I drank a bunch of soda too, and i'm on a cafein high. LOL!!! I guess that really afected me more than I thought. Only thing really on my mind is what i posted in bruce's thread about how I was adicted before I ever had a puff, and how i'm afraid that i'm going to be going throw severe craves and withdrawals everytime i'm exposed to second hand smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankfully I am the only (ex)smoker in my home, and I work in my home. Restaurants and such aren't smoke free here yet and I live in a little town that is surounded by indian reservation so i don't think that it will be smoke free here anytime soon, so I do get it when i go out and about. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find that some days im fine and dont really give it a second thought until i hear a quit smoking commercial or some little thing that i associate with my days as a smoker. I usually divert my attention to something else and soon enough the thoughts are gone but as i mentioned some days are harder than others. I find herbal tea helps me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, Thanks for the thread and support! Let's share some of our coping mechanisms and distractions techniques with other to help them along! Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: